Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet no sound using wireless headset Logictech H820e

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Need help, getting no sound out of Logitech H820e wireless headset. I set audio setting as output:SPEAKER ONLY, card: INTERNAL SOUNDCARD, output: master / Logitech H820e (WASAPI) / chan 1& 2. The PC (window 10) volume mixer's window show the Virtual DJ icon as an application to play sound to "headset Logitech H820e" but no sound is heard out of headset, if i open a browser and play a video from youtube, there is sound, but no sound coming from virtual dj.

Posté Wed 18 Jul 18 @ 10:09 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Wireless headphones are never recommend for timing critical applications like djing. The lag created encoding, broadcasting and decoding the sound makes what you're hearing a whole beat behind what is actually happening.

We could probably help get sound out of the headset but the first advice is always going to be "don't use wireless headphones"

Posté Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 5:31 am
I am not using the wireless headphone to dj. I install virtual dj on the PC at my work. I sometime bring a large collection of music on a USB stick to work and listen and use Virtual dj to tag/sort the songs. My work headphone is a logitech H820e, (people think i am in a meeting, but actually listening to music, if i get it to work)

Posté Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 3:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Crafty, sort out your library while on someone else's time, i like it.
Hmm how to trouble shoot.... first I'd try wired headphones to check if the vdj reaches the soundcard.

Does windows volume mixer show output from vdj?

Shot in the dark here, have you tried other channels as master out in audio config (instead of 1&2)

Posté Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 4:46 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I use a few different bluetooth devices with VirtualDJ and have no issues. Have your headphones been paired to another device that is in range? I have this issue when my phone and pc try to pair to the same device. The phone seems to win.

Just an idea, good luck!

Posté Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 5:30 pm
Try every which way but no luck. Thank you guys, but don't want to use the wireless headset to sort my music anymore, here is why...
I use my iphone's earpod and connect it to my work laptop (Dell Precision 3510), listen and the sound was bad, plain, no bass. Went home and listen to the same songs on the same earpod on a Macbook pro, the sound was great, rich, with bass. I would have rejected every songs when using my work laptop to sort out music. Using the wireless headset would make thing worst. Guess i have to stay up late and sort out my music at home. Once again thank you.

Posté Fri 20 Jul 18 @ 3:18 pm
There can be a number of reasons why the same set of headphones sound different on one machine but not the other. Also, getting sound to output from virtual dj to an existing sound card (thats what your headset essentially becomes, is another sound card) is usually straightforward from within virtual Dj itself, so once you have that setup in VDJ, you can focus on external reasons why the headset isnt working.

The external reasons could be something along OS issues, where the headset is being exclusively used by another application, which is most likely to be the case, there might also be muting issues or sound level issues that the OS is taking over.

For example, on my home machine, if I want virtual DJ to have exclusive access to a sound card (I use a wireless PS3 headset), I pretty much have to have windows not using it as the default device before virtual dj can use it. I also have to make sure that windows hasnt had the sound muted on the task bar, and that the levels for the headset (and other sound cards) are set to the correct level before I use VDJ. Normally I dont do this every time, as windows typically remembers the settings and re-uses them, but there have been occasions where I had forgotten to unmute the windows audio, or change the default sound card to something virtual dj was not using ahead of time, and wound up keeping notes of specific troubleshooting that I could have done to avoid those particular head scratching moments.

Posté Fri 20 Jul 18 @ 3:52 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)