Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet new update shuts me dowm

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

sizedogPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I updated vitualdj at my house and everything worked … I came to work and plugged into my dn-mc6000 and it wouldn't load …..I unplugged my denon and it works fine .. I did a system restore on my computer thinking it was my computer... I loaded virtualdj from an earlier version and it worked fine... thinking I'm al set I get to work again and there is a notification for update on vdj … not thinking I did the update and boom back to nothing... so this time instead of screwing everything up I just uninstalled vdj and reinstalled the earlier version and now im back in business.... what is the problem with the new update ?

Posté Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 3:15 am
I too am having an issue with this program update. I have restarted my pc several times, uninstalled everything virtual dj and reinstalled a clean copy. The pop up says that the installation was successful and click finish to start program,but it does nothing. I did install virtual dj 7 without any problems. Can someone please let us know what this issue is or fix it as soon as possible.

Posté Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 10:33 pm
Program works until I plug in the mixer by the looks of it

Posté Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 3:01 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@LA Bopper! Is the same case for you as the original poster - VDJ starts without the controller connected but not when connected ?
If a different case, please open a new topic and provide further details.

Posté Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 4:55 am
so after I did the update a couple weeks ago …. I ran vdj without the mixer and it worked fine ….. when I got to work I started the computer and hooked everything up as usual … I clicked on the vdj icon and nothing happened I did it again and nothing happened I restarted the computer and still the same....I unplugged mixer and the program started fine … I plug mixer in and it freezes and I have to close out using task manager.... I did a system restore and installed an earlier version and everything works fine until I do the update and back to the same problem ….. mixer doesn't respond and freezes

so now im running the previous version …. but I ended up looseing all my settings and it doesn't recognize music I have edited

I am running DN-MC6000

Posté Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 3:58 am
djdad wrote :
sizedog wrote :
Program works until I plug in the mixer by the looks of it

So what happens when you plug your controller ? Does VirtualDJ freeze ? Is the controller not responding at all ?
Try to rename the settings.xml file you will find in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder (we may need this file to compare with the default one and find out what went wrong for you) and then open VDJ. See if that helps. If it does, please email me your renamed settings.xml file at babis@virtualdj.com to take a look.

I SENT YOU AN EMAIL... I COULDNT FIND WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT …. I SENT A PICTURE OF WHAT IM SEEING
THANKS

Posté Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 4:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As said above, the settings.xml file that you need to rename is at /Documents/VirtualDJ folder. , not in ProgamFiles folder.

If freezing occurs only when controller is connected, then either something is wrong with its sound card, or something is triggered from its mapping
What else u can do...
Remove/backup any MC6000 related mapping files from /Documents/mappers folder, so that VDJ starts with the factory default mapping.
Open Windows Sound while MC6000 is connected and make sure it's sound card is not the default/selected playback and recording device

Posté Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 12:08 pm
Ok ... I'll try that .... but I'm running the last update from vdj and it's working fine ... it's only when I do the new update that it freezes... or won't start at all

Posté Wed 24 Oct 18 @ 2:35 am
Hi I too am having issues with new update. I too am using the Denon MC 6000 mk2. On Saturday, got to the venue, switch on laptop etc, get new vdj update message. Update vdj, when it comes to playing the computer gives a blue screen with error message and shuts down. I restart the laptop and same thing happens. Tried vdj without controller and it works fine! Is there an issue.

Posté Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 9:08 am
djdad wrote :
As said above, the settings.xml file that you need to rename is at /Documents/VirtualDJ folder. , not in ProgamFiles folder.

If freezing occurs only when controller is connected, then either something is wrong with its sound card, or something is triggered from its mapping
What else u can do...
Remove/backup any MC6000 related mapping files from /Documents/mappers folder, so that VDJ starts with the factory default mapping.
Open Windows Sound while MC6000 is connected and make sure it's sound card is not the default/selected playback and recording device

Ok .... I'm not a computer guy.... so I can't find this
Documents/VirtualDJ folder..... what do I need to type in to find it?
Thanks

Posté Fri 26 Oct 18 @ 12:46 am
Ok so now I guess because I didn't update the program my subscription is going to expire ....
So we need to resolve this

Posté Fri 26 Oct 18 @ 4:27 am
been reading this for a few days and until last night I had no issues with this current update, then the sound stopped completely , The platters were still moving, VDJ was still working as in the waveform and spinny thing was till going, I could even select another track - but no sound. Restarted VDJ and still no sound apart from through the headphones. I then restarted the NS7III and laptop but this time VDJ started frozen, couldn't do a thing with it. restarted everything again but this time I used the 64bit version and everything was fine.

Laptop Specs
GT73EVR 7RF Titan Pro
Intel® Core™ i7 7700HQ @2.80Ghz
GeForce® GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X
16GB DDR4 Ram

W10 Pro

Posté Fri 26 Oct 18 @ 9:44 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
GT73EVR 7RF Titan Pro
Intel® Core™ i7 7700HQ @2.80Ghz
GeForce® GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X
16GB DDR4 Ram

that beast should handle vdj without any issues

JAMM

Posté Tue 08 Jan 19 @ 12:42 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)