Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Addons

Sujet Ableton Link - Page: 1

Posté Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 4:56 pm
2015?????
And Why is this not in Downloadpage , only in Program Extensions??

Posté Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 11:39 pm
probably limited to licensed users of a certain build onward is why is my guess...... does it really matter?

Posté Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 11:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It is built in, so there is nothing to download

Posté Sat 10 Nov 18 @ 3:27 am
When enabled and blending a new song, the incoming song's BPM drifts badly. I'm not sure if it's a result of the DMX interface I'm connected to via Ableton Link, or an issue with this plugin. No BPM drift when Ableton Link is disabled, however.

Posté Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 12:18 am
Adion wrote :

When it is Built In , why Users must install it?
When it is Native Plugin , integrate it in VDJ ;-)

Posté Mon 19 Nov 18 @ 5:35 am
djdutschi wrote :
Adion wrote :

I think that's a new standard
The same goes for a few regular effects like Mobius and Instant Doubles. You "install" them on the extension page even though they are already integrated in VDJ
I think it's because there are so many of them by now that leaving some of them out of the default list, and letting you "install" them yourself if you want them, is an attempt to keep everything a bit more clean
And probably more than 90% of all VDJ users will never use Ableton Link, so there is no need for it to be in the default list of effects (and think about the questions if it was always the top-of-the-list effect: "When I click Echo I can hear echo, but when I click Ableton Libk nothing happens. Why?". "Well, it doesn't do anything by itself. You preferably need 2 laptops, a correctly setup network, and 2 pieces of software, one of them bing VDJ, and you then need to..... " Too Much hassle)
Just my guess :)

Posté Mon 19 Nov 18 @ 8:39 am
RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
I know I should just go and have a play but any chance of an overview? :-)

What do the 'nudge forward/back' do?

When you activate the effect, does it just automatically sync that deck to another computer on the network with the 'Ableton Link' effect on? Meaning that the order in which different machines have 'link' activated becomes crucial in terms of which one is effectively the 'master' in the network?

Many thanks!

Posté Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 10:13 am
With Ableton Link, there's no "master"
Everything syncs together, and everything can change the BPM for all.
So when you enable Ableton Link, if there's another device on the link, the deck will sync to it. From that moment on, both decks/apps/devices e.t.c. can and will control the BPM for all linked decks/devices

Posté Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 10:33 am
RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018

Posté Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 10:46 am
klausmogensen wrote :
djdutschi wrote :
Adion wrote :

The same goes for a few regular effects like Mobius and Instant Doubles. You "install" them on the extension page even though they are already integrated in VDJ
I think it's because there are so many of them by now that leaving some of them out of the default list, and letting you "install" them yourself if you want them, is an attempt to keep everything a bit more clean
And probably more than 90% of all VDJ users will never use Ableton Link, so there is no need for it to be in the default list of effects (and think about the questions if it was always the top-of-the-list effect: "When I click Echo I can hear echo, but when I click Ableton Libk nothing happens. Why?". "Well, it doesn't do anything by itself. You preferably need 2 laptops, a correctly setup network, and 2 pieces of software, one of them bing VDJ, and you then need to..... " Too Much hassle)

New Standart? Sorry must laught :-D
1. The Extensions Page in the Prog. Settings is not actual sorted , when Users sort by Newest then other on Top.
2. The Apleton Link is from 2015?? Never before seen it....
3. Where do you have seen a Instand Doubles FX , I don't see this.....
4. The Mobios FX I have long time installes , It was integrated automatical , I don't must download It ... (It was Native FX from first Time) ;-)
Only the Apleton Link I must install from the Extensions Page there...
I don't like the Extensions Page , like the normal Way to download and install Plugins..
Greatings Dani

Posté Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 10:33 pm
it doesn't work for me

Posté Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 2:23 am
djdutschi wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
djdutschi wrote :
Adion wrote :

New Standart? Sorry must laught :-D
1. The Extensions Page in the Prog. Settings is not actual sorted , when Users sort by Newest then other on Top.
2. The Apleton Link is from 2015?? Never before seen it....
3. Where do you have seen a Instand Doubles FX , I don't see this.....
4. The Mobios FX I have long time installes , It was integrated automatical , I don't must download It ... (It was Native FX from first Time) ;-)
Only the Apleton Link I must install from the Extensions Page there...
I don't like the Extensions Page , like the normal Way to download and install Plugins..
Greatings Dani

By new standard I mean that you use the extension page to show/hide features that are already included in the software.
That has started very recently

Posté Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 5:36 am
debtman3535 wrote :
When enabled and blending a new song, the incoming song's BPM drifts badly. I'm not sure if it's a result of the DMX interface I'm connected to via Ableton Link, or an issue with this plugin. No BPM drift when Ableton Link is disabled, however.

I have the same problem....I using ableton link to sync with lightning software on Virtual DJ the effect is installed on the master....
What I saw is that Ableton Link says that 5 Apps are connected....but I only have the master in virtual dj and the lightning app....

Could you please fix this ?

Posté Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 12:26 pm
Which lighting app do you use?

Posté Thu 24 Jan 19 @ 5:20 pm
Hello :),
I am having a problem when using iMachine 2 app on my iPad alongside with VDJ last update (windows 10) with ableton link turned on on both (on VDJ I've turned it on from the master effect list), but the problem is that iMachine 2 is only syncing with a playing deck 1 (if deck 1 is stoped it will not sync at all) even if the masterdeck selection is set to auto, so when deck 2 is the master, iMachine 2 won not sync with it (even when playing).

Then I've tried to enable Abletonlink on all decks but then the problem is that all decks will behave as if the pitch lock is on, which I don't want. Isn't it supposed to sync with the master only?
Thank you

Posté Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 6:42 am
Why don't you want to activate it on the decks you want to sync? That's how it's supposed to be used

Posté Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 8:14 pm
I use a 4 decks skin and I use almost all the decks. If every time I want Ableton link to work on a deck I have to turn it on, so I will face one of two things:
1- I have to keep turning on and off Ableton link on each deck I want to use which is annoying.
2- If I don't want to turn it off again on any of the 4 decks it will lead me to have 4 decks with Ableton link enabled which I really don't like since it behaves just like the beat lock enabled.

But if it is supposed to work for a single deck why is it included in the master effect list?

Thank you for your reply :)

Posté Fri 16 Aug 19 @ 7:18 am
In addition to that, all the decks in VDJ follow the master deck (Master deck automatically assigned), why Ableton link is following only deck 1 even if it is not the master? don't it let you think there is a plugin bug? I am only thinking out loud because I don't know too much about plugins creation and coding :).

Posté Fri 16 Aug 19 @ 7:23 am
Ableton Link is also used by some lighting software. In that case it could be used from the Master list as a one-way sync from VirtualDJ to the lighting software (but not the other way around)

Posté Fri 16 Aug 19 @ 7:27 am
77%