Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Echo Indigo DJ Review

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Posté Tue 28 Oct 03 @ 4:08 pm
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see you mentioning testing VDJ with it. Pretty cool PC Card though, and a a thorough review.

Regards;

Redman247

Posté Tue 28 Oct 03 @ 5:03 pm
Thanks a mil for the review.
Do I understand correctly that both stereo outs are equivalent hardware-wise? I mean, 1 output can go into one channel of my mixtable, and the other into the other channel?

Or is the second out on the card really just a headphone/monitoring out?

This is relevant since when using a mix table with VDJ, the headphone/monitoring is only done on the mix table, and not in the VDJ software or on the sound card.

Hope you understand ;-)

best,
arie

Posté Sat 01 Nov 03 @ 5:23 pm

Posté Sat 01 Nov 03 @ 7:34 pm
hi audio000,

I already know the website you mention, but the review comments did give me reason to ask specifically if it will be possible to connect the 2 outputs of the card to 2 separate channels on my mixer, and monitor them through the headphones connected to the mixer, instead of through the headphone-out on the card itself.

I still am not sure if/how this will work.

Bye,
arie

Posté Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 12:29 pm
Ok I think I get what you are asking yes you can I will try this. I can't see why not. Lets say output one (Line out) is on line one of the mixer and output two (headphone out) is on ine two. All you would need to do is remember that line one is still your master for your laptop. This could be a good idea thanks DJ von Smoothousen.

Posté Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 3:45 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I would also like to know if it is possible to use both channels of indigo to connect to my mixer as I do with any 3D card. Usually front stereo for channel 1 and rear for channel 2.

Posté Sat 08 Nov 03 @ 12:05 pm
abnorm
Yes you can

Posté Sun 09 Nov 03 @ 7:39 pm
audio000:

Hows the quality on the indigo dj?
Are you happy with it?

Posté Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 12:24 am
Sorry forgat to specify...
SOUND quality I mean???

Posté Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 12:26 am
Yes I like the sound of Echo Indigo DJ card but I am thinking about trying the Hercules Audio DJ Console for that cd like feel

Posté Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 3:29 am
GOTCHA!!
Thanks for the respopnse.
I'm thinking of ordering one this week.

PEACE.

Posté Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 7:26 pm
sorry been away for a while

>possible to connect the 2 outputs of the card to 2 separate channels
YES! absolutely 2x2 = 4 real channels

>does it work with virtual DJ
Yes!

>SOUND quality I mean???
Excellent. top notch, clean and pure.

>Hows the quality on the indigo dj?
Excellent

>Are you happy with it?
Yes, not selling it anytime soon

Posté Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 3:08 am
THANKS WirelessDJ.

Reading your comments, I feel like go get it right now.

PEACE.

Posté Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 5:00 pm
Just keep this in mind when setting it up

In echo indigo DJ sound control panel under virtual output, you MUST MUTE channels 1-2 or the audio will bleed through -- and you will be confused The Audiotrak Maya 44 does the same thing; I remember being totally confused when I first got it.

Posté Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 6:41 pm
GOT IT!!

Thanks.

Posté Fri 14 Nov 03 @ 12:09 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have one more question. If I am going to get this card, I would be using it with an external mixer. I heard that the second output is meant for headphones, and it's amplified.

When connecting both channels to an external mixer, are they going to have different volume levels and possible EQs?

Posté Fri 14 Nov 03 @ 11:30 pm
Yes, I have exactly the same question as the previous poster.
Hope someone can provide the answer!

arie

Posté Wed 26 Nov 03 @ 9:05 am
there are 4 hardware channels.
yes you can connect channel1/2 to line-input1 on some mixer and put channel 3/4 to another line-input.

Posté Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 11:25 am
Just remember, The trial version does not allow for a split 2 channel output.
If you are going to spend the money on an audio device, perhaps it's a good time to also purchase the full version of VirtualDJ.

Posté Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 2:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)