Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Ddj sx3 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Got New controller but I can't add to my program

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 9:59 pm
You only need to post once...

What do you mean by "can't add"? If you mean that VDJ is not recognising the SX3 when you plug it in, then you need to make sure you're running an up-to-date build.

I assume that when you say "my program" you mean Virtual DJ.

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 10:05 pm
How,do,i add this controller

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 10:09 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
GroovinDJ answered you already. Why did you repeat your question?

In any case make sure you have the latest version of VDJ as Groovin suggested. Then if it doesn’t work tell us what happens when you plug it in and run VDJ.

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 10:15 pm
It's not playing the sound out of my speaker

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 10:15 pm
It's not playing the sound out of my speaker

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 10:22 pm
The crossfader and speaker levels are working but it's not showing that im,having the ddj sx3 also the headphone volume,is playingbthru my laptop speakers might be headphones

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 10:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Make sure you have installed the necessary drivers from https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/software/DDJ-SX3
Click on the Pioneer DDJ-SX3 button in Audio tab of VirtualDJ to auto-create the default audio configuration as per the Audio Setup section of the manual http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx3/setup.html
Make sure both speakers and Headphones are connected to the DDJ-SX3
Further info can be found in the manual http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx3/index.html

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 10:51 pm
its not downloading ddj sx3 im not understanding

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 11:36 pm
I did not see any auto tab

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 11:39 pm

Posté Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 11:56 pm
its not showing the ddj sx3 in the audio file of my program like before it would show what controller im using

Posté Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 12:21 am
Perhaps you are using an old Build of VirtualDJ, before DDJ-SX3 support was added ? Please check your Build number at the bottom-left edge of the VirtualDJ Settings window. It should be 4720 (current Public) or higher.
Connect your computer to Internet and accept the automatic update. If not automatically updating, install the latest from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

Posté Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 12:27 am
it shows 4720 for pc and I downloaded the upgrade

Posté Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 12:37 am
Simple questions for you to answer and be able to assist you further..

Q1. When you open VirtualDJ Settings window, then goto CONTROLLERS tab, do you see at the top-left side tree the Pioneer DDJ-SX3 (along with the keyboard) ?
Q2. In the same CONTROLLERS tab, when you click and select the DDJ-SX3 from the left side (if there), is the "factory default" Mapping available (and selected) from the right-top side list ?
If Yes to both the above, then the controller is properly detected as MIDI

Q3. In the AUDIO tab of VirtualDJ Settings, do you see the special button PIONEER DDJ-SX3 under CARD as shown in the manual page http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx3/setup.html
If Yes, then click on that button (make it blue like shown in the manual and VirtualDJ will auto-create the default audio setup for you and u need just to APPLY.
If No, then most likely something went wrong with the installation of the drivers. Please try again and see if you get any error during that process. Also check if the sound card of the Pioneer DDJ-SX3 (WASAPI or ASIO) is available in the list offered when you click on the selected sound card in your current setup
BTW, even if the special button is not offered (for any reason), you can still manually create the proper audio setup, similar to what the manual shows. You need at least the Outputs (deck 1, deck 2, deck 3, deck 4, sampler, headphones) assigned to the Pioneer sound card. If you dont have this audio setup, the sound will not be routed properly. Keep also in mind that both speakers and headphones need to be connected to the DDJ-SX3.

Screenshots are welcomed

Posté Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 1:16 am
ok I got the controller working but now oit keeps freezing up

Posté Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 1:32 am
how do I update my program the music keeps freezing

Posté Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:11 am
Your account stats show that last time you tried with VirtualDJ, you have set Latency to 0 !!
In most cases a value of 512 (or 256 if your computer is well-optimized) would be just fine.
Keep in mind that the latency is set from the USB Audio Interface Utility of the controller when you are using ASIO drivers (click on the ASIO button you will see in the VDJ Audio setup) or from the latency setting (from CDJ Settings->Options tab) if you use WASAPI or Mac Driver.
Regardless the latency value, you will need to spend some time and optimize your computer for best performance http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Optimize.html

Posté Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:38 pm
functions like needle search and sound color fx on the controller -not working when connected to virtual dj!
im using blue tooth speakers.. so i did not connect my audio output to the controller..
outputs
my master output is my bluetooth speaker- ch 1&2
my headphones is on the controller : ch out 9 and 10
sampler is on the controller : out 11 and 12

the 'noise' fx on controller -plays on headphones but not master :( and the jet, echo and filter do not work on the headphones nor the master!! anybody facing controller with limited functionality after connecting to VDJ-- i'm using VDJ 2021

Posté Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 12:55 am
First, make sure you use the factory default mapping.

Color FXs Flanger (Jet), Echo and Noise are Hardware applied Effects from SX3, so you will need to use the default Audio setup of the SX3 with Master Out on the controller itself.

If you use a different Master Output, only Filter will work. But in this case, you can remap the Color FX selection buttons as..
COLOR_FX_ECHO : deck all filter_activate 'Echo'
COLOR_FX_FILTER : deck all filter_activate 'filter'
COLOR_FX_NOISE : deck all filter_activate 'Noise'
COLOR_FX_JET : deck all filter_activate 'Flanger'
However, if Headphones are connected to the SX3, you may hear in your headphones a mixture of both Hardware and Software ColorFX (unsure-untested).

Needle Search is disabled when track is audible for security reasons. You can still use SHIFT+Needle Search in all cases.
If you still need Needle Search to work in all cases, map the NEEDLE_SEARCH and NEEDLE_SEARCH_TOUCH keys with the same actions as the SHIFT_NEEDLE_SEARCH and SHIFT_NEEDLE_SEARCH_TOUCH have.

Posté Wed 06 Jan 21 @ 1:59 am
91%