Forum: General Discussion

About VirtualDJ and DJing in general

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Sujet Roland DJ 505 - A Good Replacement Or Not
ZiglarControlleristMember since 2011
Hello lovely people,i just wanted some opinions on the roland dj-505 controller. I currently own the Pioneer DDJ-SR2 and i am interested in giving my sets a different vibe with beats/remixes etc.(I know i can use the sampler). I have seen a lot of videos of the 505 but have also read some bad reviews about the product.I just wanted to know if any of you here can give me some advice on whether to get it or not.

Posté Sat 02 Feb 19 @ 8:11 pm
maolamPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello, did you finally buy it? Does it work fine with vdj8? Cheers

Posté Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 5:40 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posté Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 11:27 pm
acw_dj wrote :
VirtualDJ 2018 works fine with Roland DJ-505 and also with DJ-808 and DJ-202 too. The sound on DJ-808 and 505 is better than many other controllers in the same price range and even for many others over this price too.

I'm curious as to what you base your assessment of the sound quality on. Does the Roland have a better DAC?

Thanks.

Posté Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 2:35 pm
I demo'd an 808 and actually experienced a lot of glitches. Sometimes the shift buttons rendered the entire controller unusable. It sucks because I really liked the controller otherwise.

Posté 7 days ago @ 6:24 am
ZiglarControlleristMember since 2011
I have done some pretty extensive reading on soo many websites about these Roland controlllers and I am getting a bit of a mixed reaction when it comes to their reliability...I have advised myself not to get any of these Roland controllers till they release a more reliable version or I may choose another brand to upgrade...Its a shame really cuz the creativity options this controller brings is pretty awesome

Posté 5 days ago @ 12:12 am