Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

For reporting any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ
(NOTE: VirtualDJ continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Sujet Cannot connect to servers
NassimBHome userMember since 2017
As the title says, my VirtualDJ is unable to connect to the internet and I cannot seem to understand why. I've already got VDJ whitelisted in my firewall settings. Is there anyone who can help?

Posté Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 7:55 pm
If you had searched the forum, you would have discovered that the most common cause of this is a modified hosts file (modified by the installation of an illegal cracked copy of Virtual DJ).

There are cleanup tools available from the download area. Or there were at one time....

Posté Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 7:59 pm
I've checked the host file and there seems nothing wrong with it it seems

Posté Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 3:07 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
And the computer has no trouble otherwise connecting to the Internet?

Posté Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 4:25 pm
No it does not. I'm posting this from the same computer. Should i copy the content of the host file to here if that can help?

Posté Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 5:18 pm
No, because it might contain something personal. Just check if there are any entries which refer to virtualdj or with the IP address 127.0.0.1

Posté Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 5:32 pm
except for localhost there is nothing there. It is exactly the same as the one provided by microsoft on their website

Posté Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 5:35 pm
OK, next question. Where did you download VDJ from?

You should only use the program that has been downloaded via this site.

Also, as you are only a home user there is really no need for your copy of VDJ to connect to the internet anyway. It will function normally without you logging in.

It only needs a login to check licenses - and since you don't have one, a connection is not required.

Posté Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 5:43 pm

Blocked VirtualDJ in your firewall perhaps :)

Posté Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 7:14 pm
I also can not connect to the servers I have tried literally everything that was posted in this forum, does reseting and deleting my files and reinstalling windows will help?

Posté Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 4:51 am
Why are these utils no longer available directly from here?

Posté Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 4:37 pm
groovindj wrote :
Why are these utils no longer available directly from here?

Chrome mistakenly flagged them as malware, due to being script that fixes system settings, so was not ideal to host on site appearing as plugins on site were "unsafe" or "malware" .. :)
Better to hand out the links to those tools, on need :)

Posté Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 5:53 pm