Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet iTunes playlists are gone again

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I DJed last week - no problem. I have another gig tonight and I opened up Virtual DJ and I get all the stuff saying Virtual DJ 2018 and my iTunes playlists are nowhere to be found. What is going on? This is ridiculous. Can someone please help me get my music back. Thanks.

Posté Fri 19 Apr 19 @ 5:23 pm
You do realise that if you're out doing regular gigs, you need a Pro license? A Plus (or controller) license is for home use only.

Did you update iTunes recently? Have you checked that the location of your iTunes library matches the location stored in VDJ?

Personally I don't see the need to involve iTunes at all when VDJ has its own perfectly good database...

You say "again" so presumably it's caused you issues before. Why carry on using it?

Posté Fri 19 Apr 19 @ 5:42 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
iTunes has updated recently and when it does that, iTunes sometimes changes the name of it's database file.

It is either:
iTunes Library.xml
iTunes Music Library.xml

Check your iTunes folder and the "Date Modified" field of each file. Point VDJ to the latest version of the newest file. Then in the browser tree, reload your iTunes. Or you can just restart VDJ wich should also reload your iTunes library.

@ Groovin, I personally like working with a big media browser window. I know VDJ has one too if I script a button to turn that on, but that is a bit far to go. I also find VDJ VDJ filters are just not as easy and self explanatory to set up iTunes is. Also iTunes lists can be shared with all popular software. VDJ ones can't. Also I hate switching my sound card just to use VDJ. Playing one song at a time... There really are allot of reasons.

However it looks like Apple may be killing off iTunes this year. So who knows what our options look like in the near future. Maybe they will force us? Maybe VDJ can make a "media prep mode" toggled from the default skin and make it a bit easier to make complicated Smart filters on a window line larger than half a sentence. Like they did with button scripting. I am sure they have bigger priorities, but this is what stops me from going all VDJ personally.

Posté Fri 19 Apr 19 @ 6:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)