Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Unable to livestream on Facebook - Page: 2
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
klausmogensen wrote :
I do it like this using build 5002 (latest public build):

Yep that's exactly what I did, first time I've tried broadcasting as I've only a 4G net connection.

@djplumcrazy
At this point I'd say try another computer.

Posté Thu 13 Jun 19 @ 2:47 pm
locodog wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
I do it like this using build 5002 (latest public build):

Yep that's exactly what I did, first time I've tried broadcasting as I've only a 4G net connection.

@djplumcrazy
At this point I'd say try another computer.

I'm pretty sure you are a nice guy 😉 but that suggestion was a cop out solution because you don't have the answer. If everything on the program works flawless except for an online connection to the live stream. How is it the computer? I've been djing on virtual dj since 2006. Thanks for your help but I will continue to troubleshoot unitl I find the solution outside of this fourm and will report the results for when another DJ that is having the error. This is just wasting my time. Anyone else who can report how to correct the error with a new suggestion outside of what's been discussed it would greatly be appreciated. People can say all day it works for them but if you don't know why someone is getting the error after they have done all the steps. You don't know troubleshooting.

Posté Thu 13 Jun 19 @ 6:18 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Another computer is a reasonable suggestion in fault finding thinking, it doesn't have to be a dj spec machine just enough to prove the problem isn't [or is] your main machine, either answer would lead to at least a further clue. The system works for everybody but you so there must be something you're doing that's different.
You want step by step, how about you give your step by step including machine specs, ISP, file format of the tunes [you actually own these tunes], broadcast specs, everything, I mean everything.
There could very well be a rare case bug but without detailed info from you there's nowt for the devs to advise you on.

Posté Thu 13 Jun 19 @ 6:51 pm
I am having the same issue on both of my systems. any advice on how to fix?

Posté Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 5:22 pm
I cant stream to anything, Twitch Periscope and FB all fail. VDJ says its broadcasting, Facebook will show "concneting" then just times out and returns to "waiting for video"

Posté Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 6:34 pm
Any fix?

Posté Wed 01 Apr 20 @ 10:58 pm
This's the message of facebook:
Facebook has not received video signal from the video source for some time. Check that the connectivity between the video source and Facebook is sufficient for the source resolution and bitrate. Check your video encoder logs for details. If problems persist, consider improving connection quality or reducing the bitrate of your video source.
Facebook has not received video signal from the video source for some time. Check that the connectivity between the video source and Facebook is sufficient for the source resolution and bitrate. Check your video encoder logs for details. If problems persist, consider improving connection quality or reducing the bitrate of your video source.

Posté Wed 01 Apr 20 @ 11:19 pm
I'm having exactly the same problem as these last two posters.

I cannot broadcast to anything despite the latest release.

Some assistance would be appreciated.

Posté Sun 16 Aug 20 @ 5:25 pm
Just as mysteriously as the broadcasting ailment began, it has gone into remission as of an hour ago.

1. First I installed VDJ on a laptop to see if it was machine dependent. Broadcasting seemed to work fine on the laptop.
2. Out of desperation I went to DSLReports and did a connection check. Everything was A+.
3. I then rebooted my cable modem and router.
4. I turned off Malwarebytes live malware monitoring because it's not on the laptop. I guess I will turn it back on to see what happens.
5. When I got to my performance desktop, everything seemed fine for broadcasting, running all the same software as usual with no changes. Whereas this morning, I could get no where.

I suppose it was the reboot of the modem and router but I'm pretty sure I did that already. The dang modem and router and brand new replacements for a combined cable modem/router that had bugged out a week ago. I had been having the problem prior to the modem and router switchover.

So...
1. I am glad the problem allowed me to broadcast at least transiently today
2. I wish I knew what I did to clear it up but it may be something beyond my control and just randomly kicks in and out?

I'm still open to ideas.

--------------

VDJ latest early release
Window 10 Pro with all the updates
i7 computer, 32 GB RAM
400/25 MBPS cable internet
Ethernet connection

Posté Sun 16 Aug 20 @ 10:04 pm
Tekilaguy wrote :
I am having the same issue on both of my systems. any advice on how to fix?

Just out of the box- answer- you will probably so nope already tried that for the broadcasting. I have used several different broadcasting platforms for video/audio.
Each platform for broadcasting live video and or audio, each one suggests during a live broadcast, make sure you turn your Firewall off-(temporarily)****and make sure all antivirus protections are turn off during live broadcasting-even if you tell the Firewall to let certain programs to go through- sometimes Firewall still not allow a program to get through that is why they say turn fiirewall/ any antivirus-program off ***but when done broadcasting turn everything back on. Some broadcasting platforms require certain ports to be open. Facebook also has certain requirements in your setting .I have been broadcasting live video and audio- Music since 2005- so check with each platform if they have any ports that need to be open. And some computer have 2 firewalls, so try turning both of those off during a live broadcasting- Just a suggestion for those are having some live broadcasting. .

Posté Mon 17 Aug 20 @ 3:36 pm
Hello guys i have the same problem but, i solve the problen installing OBS and streaming from there .

Posté Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 12:46 am
I ´ve also problems with Live Video on FB, think form August ..
Do the same things like before, get the streaming key form FB copy paste...when I start broadcasting I get the message : ´Cannot read RTMP handshake respone ´ ???
If anyone has a idea ...please

Posté Sun 13 Nov 22 @ 7:43 pm