Forum: General Discussion

About VirtualDJ and DJing in general

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Sujet Virtual DJ search feature, weird behaviour
Basic question, with a basic example: let say I have 100 mp3 files, only 20 of them contain "ebm" in their file name. No mp3 tags at all, files have been cleaned with the proper software. Then in Virtual DJ, I select the mp3 folder, then I type "ebm" in the search box . What I expect is to find there the same 20 files - but no, I find only 16 or 13, whatever, but less than the expected 20!

I don't know exactly how this "search" feature is implemented, what it actually looks for... So if any of you have an idea of what I should do in order to get the proper result or has any clue, I'd be very happy to read and try.

Best regards,
Matei

Posté Tue 14 May 19 @ 7:01 pm
Make sure you have file name ticked in the search options. Pretty sure it just searches tags by default.

Posté Tue 14 May 19 @ 7:36 pm
user13196104 wrote :
let say I have 100 mp3 files, only 20 of them contain "ebm" in their file name. No mp3 tags at all,

Have these files been added to the database?

VirtualDJ searches the database which stores the information in the tags that links to where the files are located.

Posté Tue 14 May 19 @ 9:57 pm