Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Denon Prime 4 Virtual Dj Support - Page: 10

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

hi everyone,please help me install mappers for Denon Prime 4.Extensions>other>Custum Mappers and then click download but its always saying download failed

Posté Mon 25 May 20 @ 3:14 am
djcraig wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :
I never buy a controller, unless it works with the software that I use. Ever. There are plenty of controllers on the market that work with the software that I use, so I pick one of those. I can surely wait, why have a controller that I spent money on, but can only look at it? It's like buying a car, and waiting for the tires to come in. When you rush out and buy a controller that doesn't work with your software, you are only supporting the controller company. Stop supporting them, make them support you. They need us more than we need them. Do the math.

I'd prefer not to just have pioneer as the only leading brand on the market and I'd like to continue supporting VDJ as it very rarely lets me down.

Maybe you read that wrong. I'm not sure, I might be a supporter of VDJ. My main mobile controller is the MC6000, which is my third one. I was always a Denon supporter, going back to their first dual CD player. You can support VDJ, and not support companies, that don't support us. These companies have agreements to make controllers, with a software company brand on them. I don't know what the timeline is, but they are not supposed to share the mapping with the competitor's software. That's OK, it's business. So why would I give them my money now, but their controller does not work with my software of choice? Do you have any idea how many VDJ users are buying their controllers, and it is not supported by our software? Of course, VDJ engineers are going to be working around the clock, to support the controller, but that could be months. In the meantime, you're sitting at home looking at a $1000.00 controller that you can't use.

I don't see the logic in that, and that's why they keep doing it. Denon has sold a few thousand controllers, with their software (whether it works or not), and with Seratos name on it. If we stop buying their controllers as soon as they come out, maybe they will change how they do things. They can't survive without VirtualDJ users, period. The same thing goes with Pioneer. I would have had an MC8000, but I will not buy another controller that has mirrored controls. I would have bought a Prime 4, but it is not fully supported by the software that I use. So, in the meantime, Pioneer has come out with some controllers that I like, so I'm also waiting for full support. The truth is, I don't need another controller, I just want one. At this stage in my career, it will be my last controller, so I want it to have all of the stuff that I need. And the next month, there will be another new controller, so why would I rush out and get one that does not support my software? To be clear, I am a big supporter of VirtualDJ.

Posté Mon 25 May 20 @ 6:56 am

Hi, this is the last week of this month. I believe that as promised, it will be updated this week.

Posté Wed 27 May 20 @ 7:38 am
I think you will find the statement was:
djdad on 6th May 2020 wrote :
....do not expect any Prime device support before the end of this month

So I would not expect it to come this week. As this is not what it says.

No one had promised you anything.

Look - I get it. You guys our obviously looking forward to support being added. You have the controller already and just want it to work. I’d likely be the same if I’d have purchased a Prime 4.

BUT - if I was waiting for support to be added, I would much sooner wait a little longer for it to be right. Rather than a half working, not finished version be released that didn’t work how it is expected to.

It is also worth remembering that as always the hardware team at Atomix strive to get all controllers supported as quickly as possible following their release. However in this case especially the integration from Denon (the API) was flawed and Virtual DJ had to wait for Denon to fix this. So its not really Virtual DJ’s fault its taken longer than probably they would have liked.

Hopefully support for the prime series of controllers is imminent, but you will just have to wait for an official announcement saying it is.

Posté Wed 27 May 20 @ 9:28 am

I understand that Denon bears some of the fault. I got ver. beta at the end of March and I tested it. We don't know the date two months later. So maybe some specific information will be provided to all interested parties?

Posté Wed 27 May 20 @ 5:55 pm
djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Denon had opened a massive can of worms 12 months ago when they stated VDJ would be supported for the Prime 4, and on the back of that people have purchased a unit because of their statement.
But..................perhaps it wasn't great to say in this thread, posted 15th March that it would be a month or so, that is 10 weeks this coming Sunday. Think this is a reason why people are becoming frustrated.
Yes, we have to wait, but over 12 months from Denon's statement of VDJ support. I do hope Denon are on the ball these days more than they have been in the recent past?!

Posté Thu 28 May 20 @ 9:54 pm
That's what I'm sayed.
Denon says that VDJ ist compatible.
But that's not right.
A 50 % functionality is given more not.
That is not nice.
I buy this controller because this info..
And we wait and wait and wait.
The next thing is that the given dates here are not right. Next month, next month, end of the month.. Bla Bla Bla

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 2:45 pm
XSkysurferX wrote :
And we wait and wait and wait.
The next thing is that the given dates here are not right. Next month, next month, end of the month.. Bla Bla Bla

For god sake give it a break. All you've done is harass the developers here. It's not going to make it come any earlier.

It's been over 3 years since Denon users asked for flexible beatgrids in Engine Prime so you can take from that their development isn't exactly lightning speed

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 3:31 pm
God will, I'm not driving anyone crazy.
The VDJ developers are doing a good job.
Only the denon people don't get it.
Only I think it's stupid that times are always given, but they are not correct.

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 3:48 pm
You really need to complain to Denon.

They're the ones responsible for the errors in the info which prevented Atomix from completing the mapping (remember, a mapping does exist, and has for some time).

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 4:40 pm
And the lesson learned here is..........

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 5:36 pm

Let's all write to Denon because it is an exaggeration that they are slowing down Atomix. What do you say ?

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 5:39 pm
Good luck, I'm sure a letter-writing campaign will get things rolling. Or you could stop buying their controllers, that don't support the software of your choice. Which do you think will get better results?

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 5:46 pm
I still don't understand why someone would spend so much money on a standalone controller just to use it with VDJ. It's not even as though you can swap over seamlessly like the MCX8000 without a reboot.

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 6:03 pm
You don't have to understand, because it's my money ..
I wanted a 4 channel console with a display for the waves and I also wanted my VDJ program.
So 1 + 1 =?

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 6:22 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Good luck, I'm sure a letter-writing campaign will get things rolling. Or you could stop buying their controllers, that don't support the software of your choice. Which do you think will get better results?

we'll see soon

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 6:22 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I still don't understand why someone would spend so much money on a standalone controller just to use it with VDJ. It's not even as though you can swap over seamlessly like the MCX8000 without a reboot.

Because I have two independent systems and I'm developing, not standing still. In my opinion, Virtual dj is the best program. The denon system is still underdeveloped.

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 6:27 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

In some cases, some of us function in different types of environments and venue types. I can't speak for anyone else but myself here, but here's my logic why I chose a Prime 4 and why I love it:

The standalone feature permits me to have my entire library on an internal SSD on the unit. No USB used, all in one.
    Great for ultra portable venues with minimal setup.
    Having the ability to use another software with this unit brings advantages (video, broadcasting, diversity etc. ...) -> Serato (Video which is sub-par) and VDJ (my preferred choice for Video), and hopefully one day Traktor (I know... I may as well wait in purgatory and I have my S8 for that).
    So what if you can't switch seamlessly ? The general assumption that each company produces something good to work with. Hence you shouldn't need to switch out.
    If a crash happens, 30 seconds and I'm up again in a complex setup environment and people will easily forget the 1 crash if you recover from it gracefully.
    Each software has plus and minuses (no exceptions)
    Each software has a main purpose (Traktor for mostly house/edm/on the fly production/remixing), VDJ for versatility (karaoke, Video etc. ...), Serato... well...it is what it is for my limited use of it (and was included with Prime 4)
    I may not have been in the DJ business for as long as some of you, but I've seen my fair share of different venues and applications where my setup would vary greatly.
    While I've witnessed other DJs get massive fails with Pioneer gear and other gear (and suffered my own at times), it's a personal choice.

Bottom line, some people will buy apple products because it identifies with them, others will build their own PC. I used to drive GMs all my life until I bought my first KIA last year. It's personal preference, nothing more. You may like and praise Pioneer all you like for your good reasons while others will tell you why they will never buy some and go the Numark or Denon way for the same exact reasons.

As a business software developer in my day job, I can assure you that everyone has their own ways of creating software with their own ideas. No one has the resources like a Microsoft or Apple to develop quickly and with more accurate testing before going to market launch. No one is perfect and in these exceptional times I can honestly say patience is a virtue. It's no fun having to wait, but such is life.

I share the enthusiasm of anyone with a Prime 4 right now and I have been using it since the interim mapping has come out. It works great for my purposes with added recent bonuses makes me love it even more now. I even used it in 2 live shows prior to the pandemic on 6 hours sets and it was flawless with VDJ.

No point bashing one company vs the next. I think everyone is doing their best to try and please. Some take longer than others... so what ?

Have a great week-end!

Posté Fri 29 May 20 @ 7:00 pm
djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Not just Denon who opened a can of worms! 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

Posté Sat 30 May 20 @ 9:32 am

I wrote to Denon and I am waiting for an answer.

Posté Sat 30 May 20 @ 9:35 am
37%