Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Virtual DJ 2018 and Denon ASIO

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

Did I ready somewhere that if I update my Virtual DJ 2018 to the latest offerings, i will lose my Denon ASIO driver support?

I have been reluctant to perform the upgrade as this is what I am currently using.

Posté Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 9:17 am
Why not read the very long thread that already exists. Plenty of information there.

Posté Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 9:29 am
Because i dont have time for that, i am working, i just need a yes or no and not a lecture, thanks

Posté Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 9:32 am
It's not quite that simple and the thread explains it hence my comment. Depends which controller and version of the driver you are using etc. Its not just an easy yes or no.

I'm working too whilst taking the time to reply to you,but with an attitude like that you're on your own.

Posté Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 10:41 am
dazdisco wrote :
Because i dont have time for that, i am working, i just need a yes or no and not a lecture, thanks

You only loose ASIO if you are using older Denon controllers, like the MC3000, MC6000mk1
And they will still run using the wasapi driver

Posté Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 11:13 am
Okay, Firstly, I don't have an attitude. What I have is very little time for people who don't explain themselves properly. Telling me to read the forums doesn't help me answer my question and therefore is a waste of my time. It either works or doesn't work, if Virtual DJ have decided to remove the ability for me to use my controller with their software then I would like to request a full refund and i will spend my hard earned money on a company who can supply software which does work with the Denon ASIO driver. VDJ should fix the issue rather than remove the problem by disabling my controller with their software.

Posté Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 3:31 pm
That very post proves you do in fact have an attitude.

You never said which driver version or controller either so that isn't helping as it's a specific change.

There is a technical reason for doing this (and a perfectly working alternative) , and if you actually read the thread in question rather than going on a rant and asking for your money back you might understand why the change is in place.

Posté Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 3:50 pm
God I don’t miss this place a bit Lmmfao

Posté Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 4:25 pm
It's still the same Huey. People asking for answers without giving enough information then throwing the dummy out of the pram when you point it out.

Posté Mon 08 Jul 19 @ 5:28 pm
Trust me if you want a rant i can give you a rant. I want a refund as the software is no longer suitable for my needs and doesnt work with my controller. I will use Serato which does work with my controllers ASIO drivers without any problems which therefore shows that Virtual DJ has the issue and rather than fix it they want to just remove the issue by disabling the ASIO driver in Virtual DJ. Not really the fix is it! Ive been a fully active user of the software since 2008 having converted from BPM and PCDJ and never had an issue with support or the software that wasnt resolved correctly and quickly. YOU sir are now the one with an attitude defending a company which is either unable or unwilling to repair the problem which they say is caused by the Denon ASIO driver. The same ASIO driver which has NO issues with any other softwares on the market as far as i can tell. Dont sit on your high horse telling me i didnt give you enough information, i asked a perfectly normal question. Does it or Does it not work with the new update of VDJ 2018. If it doesnt work under certain parameters then the answer is NO. Therefore with a NO answer it ceases to become fit for purpose and under UK law i am entitled to a full refund. I just want Virtual DJ to either tell me they are fixing it to work with the DENON ASIO driver which doesnt have an issue with anything else or tell me they are refunding me. As i said in my support ticket, the WSAPI drivers don't work for whatever reason, i get no sound from either side when using this option.

Posté Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 7:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As far as I can tell you are using the MC6000MK2, which uses a different ASIO driver from the older devices and should not be affected, so you can still use the ASIO driver with it.

Posté Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 8:30 am
Adion wrote :
As far as I can tell you are using the MC6000MK2, which uses a different ASIO driver from the older devices and should not be affected, so you can still use the ASIO driver with it.

Finally, thank you Adion, i will perform the update then as this won't affect installation. I didn't realise that it was controller dependant everyone was saying it was a Denon ASIO driver at fault which is what I use.

Thanks for the piece of mind. It's appreciated.

Posté Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 2:02 pm
I told you several posts ago it was controller dependent and also said you had not mentioned what your controller was. How can we help if you don't even provide the information required?

kradcliffe wrote :
Depends which controller and version of the driver you are using etc. Its not just an easy yes or no.

kradcliffe wrote :
You never said which driver version or controller either so that isn't helping as it's a specific change.

Its there for everyone to see.

Posté Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 3:07 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
A quick search of the forum would’ve been quicker than writing a post.

Actually, that applies to many of the questions here. I don’t get it...

Posté Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 4:14 pm
It makes me wonder how he treats his clients...

[facepalm]

Posté Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 4:33 pm
dazdisco wrote :
Okay, Firstly, I don't have an attitude. What I have is very little time for people who don't explain themselves properly. Telling me to read the forums doesn't help me answer my question and therefore is a waste of my time. It either works or doesn't work, if Virtual DJ have decided to remove the ability for me to use my controller with their software then I would like to request a full refund and i will spend my hard earned money on a company who can supply software which does work with the Denon ASIO driver. VDJ should fix the issue rather than remove the problem by disabling my controller with their software.

Stop being a SPOILED PRICK and do yourself and the rest of us a favor and stfu. Go read the damn thread.

Posté Wed 10 Jul 19 @ 1:22 pm
I was trying to be a bit more diplomatic, but yeah .... that sort of sums it up.

Posté Wed 10 Jul 19 @ 3:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Well this thread can be locked as solved

Posté Wed 10 Jul 19 @ 4:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)