Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

For reporting any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ
(NOTE: VirtualDJ continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Sujet Linking Pads
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Good day peeps
Don't know if I missed this one
Is there a way to have the pads for both decks linked? So that when I change pad page on one deck the other deck changes as well?

Posté Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 4:42 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Very possible, [a few ways] how do you change pads now?

Posté Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 4:47 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Via the Skin dropdown menu
Would also be nice to have a shortcut (button) to turn it off if necessary

Posté Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 4:57 pm
I'll experiment, I'll reply tomorrow.

Posté Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 5:06 pm
can be scripted too...9 pad pages linked just for a common Big one

Posté Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 5:07 pm
Please elaborate,
I started with this [as a starter]
param_equal "`deck 1 pad_page`" "`deck 2 pad_page`"

but haven't thought further

Posté Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 6:42 pm
@locodog LOL - it's once more during one of my extreme delusional and improbable tests ^^

it seems there is no other way... but builder or alike!!!
There is no simple way & it's hightly experimental to use builder in a skin and not recommended

locodog wrote :
...how do you change pads now?

this does strange things but not what is wanted
deck all pad_page

as well as
pad_page & get_text "`pad_page`" & deck all pad_page

the builder way :
pad_page & get_text "deck all pad_page '`pad_page`'" & effect_string builder 1 & effect_active builder & set string1 1

works ok
I used things like that in an extra floating pad window, but a custom button works

but every pad and padshift and pressure & color needs the same kind of hack
It's not easy and not everything can be done

Posté Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 9:41 pm
Right I think I've got it, just a question; what skin do you use [if you use several just list them all]

*edit* ah, whatever, if you use the default skin this will work fine, if you use a skin with more that 20 custom buttons it'll need tweaking
@Bigbaromilly, you'll like this... :-)

deck master repeat_start "rsiLinkPads" ? on & deck master repeat_stop "rsiLinkPads" : deck master repeat_start "rsiLinkPads" 100ms & get_text "`deck 1 pad_page`" & param_cast 'text' & custom_button_name 22 & get_text "`deck 2 pad_page`" & param_cast 'text' & custom_button_name 24 & param_equal "`custom_button_name 21`" "`custom_button_name 22`" ? param_equal "`custom_button_name 23`" "`custom_button_name 24`" ? nothing : get_text "`deck 2 pad_page`" & param_cast 'text' & custom_button_name 23 & get_text "`deck 2 pad_page`" & param_cast 'text' & custom_button_name 21 & custom_button_name 21 & param_cast 'text' & deck 1 pad_page : get_text "`deck 1 pad_page`" & param_cast 'text' & custom_button_name 21 & get_text "`deck 1 pad_page`" & param_cast 'text' & custom_button_name 23 & custom_button_name 23 & param_cast 'text' & deck 2 pad_page :

Posté Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 1:08 pm
Sorry, I use a custom extended Default skin - mainly 6 decks layout - with custom addons - only extra windows for pads and videos and browsers and sideview
I pm link

Posté Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 1:52 pm
It was actually the sneaky "hack" using custom button names to save strings that I thought you'd like.
Thing to note, the custom button doesn't have to appear on the skin, you can just create them at will.

Posté Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 2:12 pm