Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Having problems connecting my Hercules DJ console Mk4

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I’m having a problem connecting my mixer to my virtual Dj software. After I change the setting to...
output: speaker & headphone
Card: Hercules Dj console Mk4
Input: time code signal
Everything on the table is working (mix volume, speaker outputs, etc.) but my turntables will not allow me to scratch, my cross fade doesn’t work, and the volume for each table as well as the play button on the table do not allow the track to play when pressed upon. I’m hoping I’m missing something simple in the settings and don’t have to get a whole new board.

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 2:23 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
what turntables?

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 2:37 am
Hercules Dj console Mk4

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 2:40 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I got this with a mk-4 and no controller too : problem with timecode
When timecode is enabled - little green led in the decks on default skin - and when no signal is receive / recognize then nothing will work
Switching off timecode by clicking on the green led would allow volume and crossfader
if so, look at your timecode wiring and try recalibrate

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 2:41 am
Qking2795 wrote :
Hercules Dj console Mk4

That's your controller, what turntables?

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 2:50 am
My bad I meant my controller and I tried to recalibrate it, but every time I do it a message will come up and say no signal

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 2:58 am
I think you completely misunderstand how timecode works.

Timecode signal comes from a record player or cd player into your controller. If you do not have any of these plugged into your controller then you don't need to use timecode settings.

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 3:03 am
Okay I think I did have it completely misunderstood and I really appreciate you clearing that up for me. Is there anyway I can get my controller to be able to use the scratching ability that’s what I’m having a problem with

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 4:20 am
Isn't it just the scratch button on your controller [after you switch all the timecode stuff off] and set your soundconfig to the default for your controller]

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 4:50 am
Yes it is. I did a factory reset to definitely make sure all of the time code stuff is off and I set my soundconfig to my controller, but I’m still not being able to scratch. Even after pushing the button to scratch I’m still not being about to active it

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 5:05 am
Check the dot under the pitchbend buttons on the default skin, is it set to scratch on?

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 5:35 am
Sorry it took me so long to get back, but yes both Side A and Side B are set to vinyl mode (scratch)

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 11:18 am
I did see in my settings under controller it is set under [Keyboard] and when I put it under my control it switches back to keyboard. Could this be the problem?

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 12:11 pm

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 3:34 pm
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That helped me have all of my other abilities on this controller that I wasn't acting right before (cross fade, side A&B volume, pitch control, etc.) even my scratch button is lit up now, but it still won't allow me to scratch anything even after pushing the button to active it. Is it still something simple I'm miss?

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 7:03 pm
If at this point you have scratch mode on and it's still not scratching I'd question if your controller jogs are even working. open the controllers/mapping section in vdj and give the jog a spin. does the box on the top right hand side show jog?

Posté Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 7:29 pm
garethHome userMember since 2020
Hi is there anyone that can assist with Hercules MK4 playback when using the controller is fine when I use computer speaker but when I choose the MK4 controller then playback is running extremely slow and skips.

I'm running it on a MacBook Pro 2014 OS Catalina v10.15.6

Posté Sun 08 Nov 20 @ 1:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)