Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Browsing sticks for ages when searching for files
Hi Tech Support,

Is there a way for me to completely wipe my search Database within Virtual DJ and re add all my files back to a clean database? I am having an issue when i first load up the software at each event i complete where when searching for files it will freeze out the searching panel and playlists etc for around 10 minutes with the word Browsing appearing to the right of the search field.

Thanks in advance.

Posté Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 8:59 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Do you have file date as a field in the browser? This is known to make the browser hang when searching.

Posté Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 9:12 am
No just artist track time bpm folder

Posté Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 12:16 pm
Give us some specifics, where are your tracks stored, internal/external, how large is your library? what is the file size of database.xml

Posté Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 12:24 pm
I don’t know what a database.xml file is sorry.

My files are on a USB 3.1 external 4tb hard drive. I have 2tb of videos and 1.5tb of karaoke and music.

I am running on a Windows 7 dell spa laptop with an i7 processor and 8gb ram. It has an nvidia dedicated graphics card with 3gb ram on it.

I’ve never had any problems until 3 weeks ago.
The computer is connected to the internet via WiFi on a public network router at my venues normally. There is nothing else on the computer apart from the virtual dj software and the asio drivers for my sound card / controller. The issue happens within first 5 minutes of opening the software. Just wanna know how to delete the search database and create a new one please.

Posté Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 4:30 pm
There is a hidden folder on the root of your external drive named virtuldj, inside that you'll find database.xml, it's what vdj uses to list your files in the browser.

Posté Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 5:14 pm
So I’m having the exact same problem. I use an external hard drive, VDJ Pro, i see the database.xml file in the VirtualDJ folder. But.. I also have a database.xml.backup file there too. Do I just delete the file? I just want to get the hard drive back to when it wasn’t loading for so long. I appreciate the help!

Posté Sat 19 Feb 22 @ 6:59 pm
This seems to have happened to me after the latest update. I have a macbook pro, virtual dj 8 and an external hard drive. Browsing for files worked great in the past. Now it's extremely extremely slow to open a folder with many different sub-folders and files within it

Posté Sat 19 Feb 22 @ 7:34 pm
kyds3kPRO InfinityMember since 2015
This is happening to me right now. I literally just did an hour and 1/2 set at home, packed up my stuff, got to the gig and now my VirtualDJ is "browsing" and when I click anything it becomes unresponsive. The file count keeps going up but the program is greyed out. I am at a gig that starts in 1/2 hr and this is UNACCEPTABLE . . .

Posté Fri 17 Jun 22 @ 8:52 am
Did you install any updates recently .... what version are you running ..... Mac or Windows .... internal or external drive?

Posté Fri 17 Jun 22 @ 9:14 am