Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Quantizing all cues at once

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi!

I often feel like a feature that quantizes all the cues in a song at once would be very helpful and time saving.
I have songs with old cues or shifted cues for whatever reason, and aligning them to the grid with one click would be a bless!

Just like sorting the cues chronologically with one click, aligning them all at once would be a great addition.

Posté Sun 25 Aug 19 @ 12:56 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Not a thing that i would like to have if it was as default.

Posté Sun 25 Aug 19 @ 12:46 pm
freppa wrote :
Not a thing that i would like to have if it was as default.

To geht this clear...
I don't mean to quantize all the cues automatically!
It is meant to quantize all the cues for one single time if you recognize that they are shifted.

There are two similar features to sort the cues chronologically...
One option is to sort them everytime automatically, and the other is to sort them only once.
And I mean the same, but not sorting them... just aligning them.
Why wouldn't someone want something like this?

Posté Sun 25 Aug 19 @ 7:41 pm
andy-chiles wrote :

Be I don’t always sort my cues on the grid.

Posté Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 1:15 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
andy-chiles wrote :

Be I don’t always sort my cues on the grid.

You don't have to...
I don't sort them either if I don't see the need to do it...
But if I have to sort them I can do it with one click.

And with this I could quantize them with one click.

Posté Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 1:53 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Posté Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 6:51 pm

I think you didn't understand what I asked for.
But I'll explain it for you:

Some of my Cues are not exactly on the beat on which they should be.
Maybe because they were set before quantizing came up or because of old database entries.
(Quantizing means, that the cues that aren't on the beat exactly, get moved to nearest next beat.)

Instead of quantizing each one manually, I can imagine to have an option that does it by one click.
Nothing external, no adding cue-points or beat-jumping somewhere...
Just aligning the cue-points that already exist with one click, inside VirtualDJ, if it is necessary.

Posté Tue 27 Aug 19 @ 8:45 pm
Well I believe there’s a script work around.

Can’t think of it right off hand but search the forums and you should be able to find it.

It’ll shift the cues left or right....

Posté Tue 27 Aug 19 @ 10:21 pm
Yes, I was thinking the same thing - but it doesn't quantise them.

i.e. it will not align the cues to the CBG or to the peaks in the waveform. It will literally just shove them all over by a set amount.

For example, if cue 1 is 5ms out and cue 2 is 7ms out, true quantising would correct both so they're spot on. The "cue mover" script won't - the difference would stilll be there.

Posté Wed 28 Aug 19 @ 6:50 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
True, shift_all_cues wouldn't cut it, It's likely scriptable though, you'd do something like goto_cue, get_beatpos, set a var as an integer of beatpos, do a param_mod on beatpos and your var that gives your remainder, query against a value to figure out if it's early or late [to round up if early] that gives you a whole number to goto, delete the old cue and set in the new position. Then move on to the next cue

It probably needs builder to do it as you'd need to insert vars into some actions that straight script can't, but it's a long walk for a short picnic because if cues being bang on is that important, you should be using quantize_setcue.

*edit* In fact it's easier than all that, with quantize on, goto cue, delete_cue, set_cue, goto next cue.

Posté Wed 28 Aug 19 @ 7:28 am
I tried this two scripts:

1:
quantize_setcue on & has_cue 1 ? goto_cue 1 & set_cue 1 : goto_start & has_cue 2 ? goto_cue 2 & set_cue 2 : goto_start & has_cue 3 ? goto_cue 3 & set_cue 3 : goto_start and so on

But this didn't work, because the action stoppes after the first cue was corrected.

2:
stop & quantize_setcue on & goto_cue 1 & set_cue 1 & goto_cue 2 & set_cue 2 & goto_cue 3 & set_cue 3 and so on

This worked, but if a cue wasn't set before, it would set a new cue somewhere...

But I haven't tried it with goto_cue +1.
I just noticed it after locodogs post.
I think an advance could be:
stop & quantize_setcue on & goto_cue +1 & set_cue 1 & goto_cue +1 & set_cue 2 & goto_cue +1 & set_cue 3 and so on

BUT, this also works only if there is THAT ONE SPECIFIC CUE that gets set to a new position.
Is there a script to replace it with a "dynamic / relative" number for set_cue?
Something like
goto_cue +1 & set_cue '`cue_select`'
?

Despite all codes and scripts, i think the safer and more comfortable way would be to have an option implemented for that.

Posté Thu 29 Aug 19 @ 1:31 pm
this works:

quantize_setcue on & has_cue 1 ? goto_cue 1 & set_cue 1 & has_cue 2 ? goto_cue 2 & set_cue 2 & has_cue 3 ? goto_cue 3 & set_cue 3 & has_cue 4 ? goto_cue 4 & set_cue 4 & has_cue 5 ? goto_cue 5 & set_cue 5 & has_cue 6 ? goto_cue 6 & set_cue 6 & has_cue 8 ? goto_cue 8 & set_cue 8 : nothing : nothing : nothing : nothing : nothing : nothing : nothing : nothing

Posté Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 6:54 pm
user22288430 wrote :
this works:

quantize_setcue on & has_cue 1 ? goto_cue 1 & set_cue 1 & has_cue 2 ? goto_cue 2 & set_cue 2 & has_cue 3 ? goto_cue 3 & set_cue 3 & has_cue 4 ? goto_cue 4 & set_cue 4 & has_cue 5 ? goto_cue 5 & set_cue 5 & has_cue 6 ? goto_cue 6 & set_cue 6 & has_cue 8 ? goto_cue 8 & set_cue 8 : nothing : nothing : nothing : nothing : nothing : nothing : nothing : nothing

I absolutely love the fact that you are working on such an old topic!
Absolutely appreciating it! <3

I tried the code, but sadly it stucks with the same problem which I had.
If the cues are set one after another it works perfectly... But as soon as one number is skipped the script does not proceed.
Surely this would be fixed if we put sort_cues in the beginning of the script, but this would also cut some flexibility.

Still don't understand why the developers don't implement this idea into the software.

Posté Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 1:37 am
andy-chiles wrote :

as soon as one number is skipped the script does not proceed

It needs some more intelligence then. :-)

It has if and then but no else

Something like: does this cue exist? If it does, do this : if it doesn't, do that

Where's locodog? :-)

Posté Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 8:32 am
lurking :)
this is off the top of my head

quantize_setcue on & repeat_start_instant 'qcc' 30ms 20 & goto_cue +1 & get_cue & param_cast & set_cue

Posté Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 11:29 am
locodog wrote :
lurking :)
this is off the top of my head

quantize_setcue on & repeat_start_instant 'qcc' 30ms 20 & goto_cue +1 & get_cue & param_cast & set_cue

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...
Looks a bit weird, but as far as I tried this works just fine!
Thank you again sensei! (~˘▾˘)~

Posté Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 2:17 am
Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for!

If that were to work as a batch for selected files in the folder ......

Gruß
Jürgen

Posté Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 4:33 pm
Most of the cases you probably easier to use the script shift_all_cues

shift_all_cues -10ms

Posté Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 9:33 pm
I can cook something to do batch, if you can follow instruction, send me a pm.

Posté Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 10:54 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)