Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Roland DJ-707m Hype? - Page: 2
demperPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I have the exact same problem. What he said about the mics is true. They start out sounding half good then they loose presence and start sounding harsh and squashed. I have compressor and every other effect turned to zero? The mic sound coming from my mixer compared to the one from the 707 is night and day difference. I feel like crying because I really want to love this controller. Another problem is sometimes the pads don't respond on the first hit...

Posté Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 7:10 pm
glenskiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
demper wrote :
I have the exact same problem. What he said about the mics is true. They start out sounding half good then they loose presence and start sounding harsh and squashed. I have compressor and every other effect turned to zero? The mic sound coming from my mixer compared to the one from the 707 is night and day difference. I feel like crying because I really want to love this controller. Another problem is sometimes the pads don't respond on the first hit...

Can you list / show all your exact settings for Mics 1 & 2 within the DJ-707M

Gain [Various settings / limitations for different mics used]
EQ / Isolator
FX
Low Cut
Noise Gate
Pan
Duck Level
Duck Master
Duck Booth
Duck Zone

Master Out Settings

Compressor Low
Compressor Mid
Compressor High
Limiter On/Off

Mixer Settings

Anti Feedback On/Off [Turn Off if using for normal playback of music and any vocals / singing / karaoke - Only really designed for Speeches]

Have you run the Firmware updater? If so, you then need to follow it up with a full Factory Reset to refresh the new Firmware update.

Posté Mon 28 Oct 19 @ 3:09 am
Finally got around to replacing my MC6000mk2 with the Roland 707m, Have to say I have not had the problems here? As Glenski says take a day to sit down and go through the settings and do a bit of tuning with the settings.

Posté Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 10:38 am
Yeah I had same issues, the factory DB mic settings suck, the one button fix all menu is ridiculous. I thought everything was good before going into several gigs, but every f'n time had mike issues, and then fx issues with the sound... talk about nightmare. Whatever team put this garbage mixer together that was supposedly based on event dj feedback.... couldn't have chosen a bigger bunch of clowns including the djs they used for advice.

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 5:47 pm
Can't believe 2 years have gone by and people are still having problems with this Controller.

Glad I stayed with my Denon MC7000, a brilliant Controller to use with VDJ.

Posté Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 10:59 am
lol ya'll keep necroing this one guy's post. I got this mixer last week and it's fantastic. I /did/ have some initial microphone trouble. When they say the 1st two mic pre-amps are studio quality they mean it and they mean they want a strong solid mic signal coming in. My lav mic sounded like crap when I plugged it in. After balancing (it has detailed control over EQ and attenuation) and the vocal effects turned off it sounded fine. My sm-58, on the other hand, sounds amazing running through it, effects and all, and far better than any other dj-mixer mic input I've used.

So microphone challenge aside, this mixer has everything I need and then some. 4 channels, 2 effects units (and good built-in effects), responsive platters, I/O out the yin-yang (go look at the specs! go look at the routing it can do!), built solid, and has great integration with Virtual DJ. It also has the classy-ist aesthetics except for Denon.

So the hype is real. Grab one and find out.

And it has a basic 808 drum machine and primitive synth hidden in there.

Posté Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 9:59 pm