Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Terrible experience using 2020 and Gemini G2V

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Dear All,

Had a terrible experience using Virtual DJ 2020 and Gemini G2V over the weekend. I was using Microsoft Surface Pro 4 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD 6th Generation Intel i5 processor. Most of the issues are related to the Virtual DJ 20202 specifically.
1. One of the Play Lists just disappeared in the middle of the party. I was frantically trying to find all the tracks during the performance. Thankfully I had another computer connected and this saved the day;
2. Software refused to load tracks from Soundcloud at some point. I had to sign-out and sign back in to the SoundCloud. This happen several times
3. At some point songs started stuttering, I had to switch to the second laptop and pull music out of Google Music (I was not doing this for money)
4. At some point right side refused to play anything. Pushing "Play" on the right side of the Gemini controller didn't do anything. It "fixed" itself after some time. Seems like Virtual DJ bug. It happen to me before and after reinstalling Gemini drivers - everything was "fixed", until the same problem showed up at the worst possible moment. This could be driver, fault of the Gemini or VirtualDJ. I am not sure.

Bottom line - Gemini most likely is going back. I am not sure Soundcloud Integration really works well. I think I will try to avoid it, plus there is no way to cache songs with Soundcloud. I am thinking to pickup Denon DJ MC4000 instead - any comments about this?
Thank you all!
Gene.

Posté Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 4:33 am
user20469836 wrote :
I am not sure Soundcloud Integration really works well. I think I will try to avoid it, plus there is no way to cache songs with Soundcloud.

No that feature is only there for the pro providers, like the iDJPool source

user20469836 wrote :
I am thinking to pickup Denon DJ MC4000 instead - any comments about this?

It's a workhorse but a bit dated. For instance it doesn't have the 8 pad layout that are basically the default these days

Posté Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 12:09 pm
How are you managing to use a controller with VDJ when you don't appear to have a license of any kind?

Posté Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 4:37 pm
No license? Easy. I was evaluating Virtual DJ and have 30 days to make up my mind. I was about to purchase a full license for the controller I bought ($149), but since I will be returning it, I will probably not do it and we use Home version without controller. Maybe.
They reason why u came to Virtual DJ is ability to play video and audio tracks, as far as I know Serato doesn't do it.

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 7:19 am
There is other DJ software that plays video, but with VDJ it's built in rather than being an additional purchase.

As far as the Gemini , you get what you pay for. There's a good reason why some controllers cost 10x the G2V.

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 4:38 pm
user20469836 wrote :
Dear All,

Had a terrible experience using Virtual DJ 2020 and Gemini G2V over the weekend. I was using Microsoft Surface Pro 4 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD 6th Generation Intel i5 processor. Most of the issues are related to the Virtual DJ 20202 specifically.
1. One of the Play Lists just disappeared in the middle of the party. I was frantically trying to find all the tracks during the performance. Thankfully I had another computer connected and this saved the day;
2. Software refused to load tracks from Soundcloud at some point. I had to sign-out and sign back in to the SoundCloud. This happen several times
3. At some point songs started stuttering, I had to switch to the second laptop and pull music out of Google Music (I was not doing this for money)
4. At some point right side refused to play anything. Pushing "Play" on the right side of the Gemini controller didn't do anything. It "fixed" itself after some time. Seems like Virtual DJ bug. It happen to me before and after reinstalling Gemini drivers - everything was "fixed", until the same problem showed up at the worst possible moment. This could be driver, fault of the Gemini or VirtualDJ. I am not sure.

Bottom line - Gemini most likely is going back. I am not sure Soundcloud Integration really works well. I think I will try to avoid it, plus there is no way to cache songs with Soundcloud. I am thinking to pickup Denon DJ MC4000 instead - any comments about this?
Thank you all!
Gene.

I have experienced all the issues you mention recently.

-One deck freezes.
-Stuttering/Juddering mid play of a song (was embarrasing). Initially thought it was an electrical suge!

i do think is to do with Soundcloud or your Gemini
I suspect it is a VDJ vs Windows platform/recent Windows update issue.

Posté Sun 08 Dec 19 @ 12:18 am
i meant :
"I dont think it is a Soundcloud or Gemni issue"

Posté Sun 08 Dec 19 @ 12:20 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)