Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet manipulate text in comment (Remove text)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

doug9474ControlleristMember since 2019
I organize my tracks by hashtags based on several categories. Also, I have a ranking/rating from 1-5 where #1 is top songs.

I have programmed keys to add #1, for example to a comment, as well as other hashtags (modified script from LosJunkee)... So, I can find club bangers or slow smooth tracks. For example:

get_browsed_song 'Comment' & param_contains '#1' ? nothing : get_browsed_song 'Comment' & param_add ' #1' & browsed_song 'Comment'

It would be cool to be able to manipulate text to, for example, remove the #1 if I wanted to remove the #1 and add a #2 quickly without opening the tag editor. Not sure how that could be done via VDJScript... Maybe a param_remove?? Haven't worked out all the details yet, but I could use it... Just something for your consideration.

Posté Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 4:51 pm
One more thing to add... I would make commas and whitespace delimiters. param_remove could remove the text and preceding delimiter(s). If I could do it in VDJ with a regular expression, I would... But param_remove with just the text to be removed would be easier...

I like that I can automate and customize things with VDJ and this would help me be efficient with a large library.

Posté Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 5:34 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Currently strings manipulations can not be done using VDJ Script

append some text tag to a field can however be done

get_browsed_song 'Comment' & not param_contains '#1' ? get_text "`get_browsed_song 'Comment'` #1" & param_cast text & browsed_song 'Comment'

Posté Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 3:33 am
Thanks. I gave a script that does an append in my first comment... Although I will compare the two and see if yours offers any advantages.

However, I wanted to be able to remove a string to make my ranking system more efficient.

Maybe this is something they can consider.

Posté Mon 28 Oct 19 @ 1:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)