Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet que point export from vdj6 to vdj 2020 trouble shoot

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hello vdj community good day, i am having trouble exporting on my laptop que points from virtual dj6 which i uninstall and download a fresh install on vdj2020 , it is basically downloading at start up its own data base xml option even when i copy and paste it still download its own any advice.

Posté Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 8:50 am
The new VDJ only reads and imports v7 databases, so you would have to go from 6 to 7 first, then run VDJ 8.

Posté Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 1:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Actually VirtualDJ 7 databases were still having v6 in their names.

You said you uninstalled version 6/7. Did you also deleted the database files from /Documents/VirtualDJ ?
Actually what VirtualDJ 2020 (version 8) is doing for the first time it runs , is to search for older database files and convert them to version 8.
If it doesnt find those files or finds a version 8 database file, nothing will be converted.

So the correct procedure is to have the v6/7 database files in place (/Documents/VirtualDJ folder for C: drive and root folder for all other Drives), have no database.xml (ver 8 database file) in (/Documents/VirtualDJ folder for C: drive and /virtualdj folder for all other Drives), have settings.xml deleted (from (/Documents/VirtualDJ folder) and open VirtualDJ.
Keep in mind that Cue points and other info are stored in database and not in Tracks Tags)

Posté Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 7:51 pm
hello djdad and groovingdj i tryed both of your advice step by step about 5 times and still no luck with the que points

Posté Thu 05 Dec 19 @ 5:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)