Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet History Delay

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I tried setting the history delay to a very high number (999, or 9999) in Virtual DJ 8, and it works for most of the song. The "Last Play" and "Play Count" do not update for a while.

But as it gets near the end of the song, the Last Play and Play Count suddenly both update. I played a song that was 6 minutes 5 seconds in length, and the history updated after playing it for 5 minutes and 30 seconds.

Am I missing something here? At the settings I used for history delay, the history should not have updated at all for a 6 minute song.

Posté Sat 07 Mar 20 @ 4:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If 90% of the song is played, the play count and played status are still updated to ensure that this happens for songs that are shorter than the historyDelay time.
(So in normal cases, allowing a 10 second jingle to be counted even though your normal history delay time is 30 seconds for example)

Posté Sat 07 Mar 20 @ 5:17 pm
Hmm, okay. And there's no option to turn that off temporarily, I guess? I mean, that makes sense for the normal cases where you do actually want all the songs to get counted. Seems like there's no way to temporarily turn off the feature completely for when you're just messing around or practicing, and don't want the history to be getting updated at all until you turn the feature back on again.

Posté Sat 07 Mar 20 @ 6:45 pm

can set database to readOnly in settings

Posté Sat 07 Mar 20 @ 7:10 pm
ANDYG74PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi,
Can anyone explain why having transferred my history from a previous PC that went up to 31st Dec 2019 back in Feb 2020, I have since used the old PC for a couple of gigs so want to transfer those history details too. I've put them in exactly the same track listing folder but they don't appear when you drill down in the history months. Everything prior to Jan 2020 is there as it was the first time.

Posté Tue 12 May 20 @ 4:55 pm
Try restarting the software. No reason they shouldn't display if put in the correct place.

Posté Tue 12 May 20 @ 6:39 pm
Is there any chance of adding a new flag to completely disable the updating of the last play and the play count entirely? I love being able to mostly turn it off with setting a high HistoryDelay, but it's still a bit annoying having to remember to never let a whole song play. Having to randomly stop/start every song at some point in order to prevent it from updating the last play on me.

Setting to readOnly isn't a great option, because I like to add/remove cue points, change tags, add new songs to my collection, etc while I'm playing around with the music.

I've got a custom button set up to change between a short and a long HistoryDelay that I've been continuing to use. But really I'd rather have a custom button that turns off the updating of the history entirely. Having it auto update at 90% of the song length is annoying for my workflow, I never want any song to update the history unless I'm playing it live for an audience. So I can keep track of which ones I've actually played for people, and cycle them out of the rotation for a while to keep my sets fresh. I don't care if I played a song while planning a playlist and then decided not to include it in that playlist. I want that song's last played to still be at the last time that I played it for an audience.

Posté Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 6:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)