Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Ask The DJ - Brackets Issue (Search Return)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have recently noticed that Ask The DJ is not returning the correct search results for songs which have brackets in the title. For example:

Shirley Bassey - I (Who Have Nothing) is just returning all Shirley Bassey in my database and ATDJ isn't searching for the words in the brackets (see photo attached and the searchbar on the screen). This is happening with all songs that have brackets in the title but this example seemed the best one to use to illustrate this.

There also seems to be an issue sometimes with titles that have an ellipsis in them (…). Sometimes the results show and then other times it seems not to so not sure if this is just a glitch perhaps.

Hopefully just a quick fix somewhere along the line :)

Posté Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 12:22 pm
Thats probably by design. Say if someone wishes for David Guetta - This awesome EDM song (extended club mix)
Then clicking it would search your library for all the songs by David Guetta called "this awesome edm song" so that the search result will include also other remixes, and variants that you might have in your database.. (as well as the (...) often containing "junk" such as "produced by Dre", "album 2020", "clean edit", "YT download" and what not)

In your example of Shirley Bassey - I where the song name is a single character "I", that might be a little less "wanted" or obvious. But probably very few such songs, compared to the benefits of a "cleaner" search by artist and title that finds results probably better in general

Posté Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 2:13 pm
Hi Rune

Thanks for your reply. The song I used as an example is in fact called I (Who Have Nothing) - it has been recorded by many artists, I just used Shirley Bassey as the example there too.

There never used to be a problem with this at all - it has only been recently (probably the last month) that I have noticed it not returning the correct results when there are brackets but I cannot pinpoint it to a particular build as I did forget to post up when I first noticed it. This is my Karaoke Songbook and is uploaded as the text file so clients choose from the list rather than them typing in anything.

KJ

Posté Sat 14 Mar 20 @ 2:44 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)