Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Custom Remix indicator..
WWDJdkPRO InfinityMember since 2008
At the moment we got 2 options when we want to use the remix field..

1. use the getRemixWhenParsingFilename.
2. manual edit it in TAG editor.

I would wish there was an option to state what character was used for the Remix field...

example:
we could have a file like this : Bat Out Of Hell II - 01 - Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That).mp3
when using the 1st option, everything between the ( ) get transfered to the remix field... not good.

example 2:
If we have a file like this : Now That's What I Call Music Vol. 29 CD 2 - 08 - Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) {Unplugged Live Vers.}
it still take the ( ) to the remix field.

So if we could have a custom field to type in what ever character we use to set the remixes, it would be a big improvement
No matter if its { }, [ ], ( ) or - , +, ~ or something different.

Posté Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 8:37 pm
The parser assumes you have somewhat clean standard tag or file names ...
Artist feat Singer - Track Name (Remix name).mp3

Somewhat the "standard" for most all ... And the parser will adjust common variants such as putting feat. singer in track name, instead of artist..

In your case, you have Album name as first part of the file name (and also tags? ) and that is perhaps a bit beyond standard ways.
Should just name the folder the file is in for the album name (" Now That's What I Call Music Vol. 29") , or put the album name in the album tag of mp3 tags perhaps ;-)
Probably well worth just organizing your songs better..

That being said, a future track "cleaner" (parser) could perhaps take into account or feature a more advanced syntax and code like you suggest :)

Posté Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 8:47 pm
WWDJdkPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The tag is a complete reflection of the filename.
The reason for the filename is that i have all tracks on an FTP drive, and that don't allow search option on tag.. only filename :)

Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
The parser assumes you have somewhat clean standard tag or file names ...
Artist feat Singer - Track Name (Remix name).mp3

Somewhat the "standard" for most all ... And the parser will adjust common variants such as putting feat. singer in track name, instead of artist..

In your case, you have Album name as first part of the file name (and also tags? ) and that is perhaps a bit beyond standard ways.
Should just name the folder the file is in for the album name (" Now That's What I Call Music Vol. 29") , or put the album name in the album tag of mp3 tags perhaps ;-)
Probably well worth just organizing your songs better..

That being said, a future track "cleaner" (parser) could perhaps take into account or feature a more advanced syntax and code like you suggest :)

Posté Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 9:52 pm
The example WWDJdk gives is a good example of something I encounter A LOT
WWDJdk wrote :

Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That).mp3
when using the 1st option, everything between the ( ) get transfered to the remix field... not good.

While I agree RUNE (DJ In Norway) that (remix) is regularly practiced, it fails to account for a very common titling practice and as such I have considered this to be wrong for some 20 years.
Much like you have extended your name with extra information... or is DJ In Norway the remix? 😉

There are lots of tracks that include 'Extended Title' like above within the ( ) brackets and as such I prefer to use [ ] to indicate Remix information.
It would be desirable for me also to have the option to nominate which characters remix info is placed in-between.

Further it would be really helpful if it was possible to set our own format syntax presets for reading from and writing to filenames.

Many thanks for consideration.

Posté Thu 28 Jan 21 @ 3:19 am
Not to sound like a broken record, but could the Dev team please consider this.
The remix bracket is perhaps one of my biggest frustration (I appreciate how extreme that might sound) [but it's becoming somewhat of a headache for me in terms of library management].

As an additional plea, the ability to construct our own renaming conventions (and indeed import rules) would be warmly welcomed.
My personal naming preference is Track - Artist - Title [Remix].
It is also possible that some tracks will never include Track or [Remix] and in this instance empty fields should be skipped when renaming files.

I spend a lot of time sanitising music tilting, though once something enters VDJ territory I agree the safest way to make any further tag or naming modifications are within VDJ. It's slightly upsetting that it only allows what the developers have chosen as a naming convention.
Ideally only populated fields would be included in a name and with users preferred encapsulation symbols where required.

It's astonishing how powerful VDJ is in so many other ways but something as fundamental as tagging and renaming still seems to be one of the most overlooked and undervalued areas of development.
That is not meant to sound harsh but more as a strong plea. As an almost 20 year user of Atomic Software this is the one thing that I've always felt has been a weakness in VDJ. I'd happily manage my entire library inside of VDJ if this saw some improvement.

I thank you kindly in advance for your consideration of this improvement and would be happy to discuss in more detail many additional improvements that could be made.

Posté Wed 05 May 21 @ 3:25 am
*BUMP*

+1

Posté Mon 11 Jul 22 @ 9:51 pm