Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Effect on effect

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Is it possible to put an effect on another effect and not on the song playing?

For example: I want to put the 'echo' effect on the 'noise' sweep so that the noise echoes out after being deactivated (without an 'echo' effect on the song itself).
Or could this be done with parameters of the 'noise' effect itself?
If possible, how could this be mapped to a controller button?

I'm no expert in mapping nor Vdj itself, but I know the basics. If this is a dumb question, I apologise in advance :-)
Tnx!

Posté Fri 03 Apr 20 @ 9:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could use the noise effect on a deck that is not playing

Posté Fri 03 Apr 20 @ 9:31 am
It is possible to chain effects, but it's not possible to do what you describe (apply an effect on the output of another effect)
To put it simple:
Track + Effect 1 = NewSound 1
NewSound1 + Effect 2 = NewSound 2
NewSound 2 + Effect 3 = NewSound 3

That's how it works.
So, if you play the track, and add noise , you get track with noise (newsound1). Then you can add echo on top of that ( track with noise + echo = newsound2)
But you can't apply echo on the noise effect itself.

PS: For most effects there's no "audible/practical" difference between the way the effect engine works now and what you ask.
However, noise and mobius are two "sound generators" and these behave differently. These are the only two effects that applying an effect on the output of the effect makes a difference

Posté Fri 03 Apr 20 @ 10:18 am
Adion wrote :
You could use the noise effect on a deck that is not playing

Thanks for the answer!
I thought of that possibility too, but since only use two decks (2 deck controller), I would have prefered a mapped button on the controller to do this on deck 1 or 2. Otherwise I should have to use the controller and at the same time use my mouse to activate and regulate the sweep effect on deck 3 or 4 on the pc/laptop. Since my controller has a built in sound card, I guess even that would not work?

Posté Fri 03 Apr 20 @ 10:59 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
It is possible to chain effects, but it's not possible to do what you describe (apply an effect on the output of another effect)
To put it simple:
Track + Effect 1 = NewSound 1
NewSound1 + Effect 2 = NewSound 2
NewSound 2 + Effect 3 = NewSound 3

That's how it works.
So, if you play the track, and add noise , you get track with noise (newsound1). Then you can add echo on top of that ( track with noise + echo = newsound2)
But you can't apply echo on the noise effect itself.

PS: For most effects there's no "audible/practical" difference between the way the effect engine works now and what you ask.
However, noise and mobius are two "sound generators" and these behave differently. These are the only two effects that applying an effect on the output of the effect makes a difference

Thanks for the answer!
Would be nice if an echo effect parameter would be added to the sound generators 'noise sweep' or 'mobius' in Vdj.
But before that, I'll survive without it :-)

Posté Fri 03 Apr 20 @ 11:01 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)