Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Load a given page of pad on startup
I would like to load a given page of the beat jump pad on startup. Vdlj start always on page5 i'l like page7. Any idea? I thought an oninit command, but the syntax.....
Thanks in advance

Posté Thu 09 Apr 20 @ 1:55 pm
hi, I think on your controler configuration with the "ONINIT" you can put this:

deck all pad_page '<name of the pad_page>''

Posté Thu 09 Apr 20 @ 2:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
syntax for your ONINIT key is ..
beatjump_page x

where x is the number of the BeatJump page you want to start with (and will apply to all decks too)

Posté Thu 09 Apr 20 @ 11:50 pm
Done! Thanks a lot

Posté Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 12:43 pm
How do we find out the proper scripting name of the different pad pages to enter in the script? The Pioneer DDJ SB3 has 4 pad pages but the scripting names do not necessarily correspond to the names on the buttons. For instance in the stock mapping oninit is set to "deck all pad_page 'hotcues'" but the button is called "Hot Cue" I'm trying to figure out the name of the page for the sampler button. I tried 'sampler' and 'samplers' but nothing works to load that page on startup. Any help is much appreciated:-)

Posté Sun 26 Sep 21 @ 10:44 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
SB3 is an odd case, 4 of the padpages are hardware level modes that can't be changed.
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsb3/layout/pads.html

Pioneer made it this way because serato [the software it was initially designed for] doesn't have a way to automate actions like vdj can. [repeat_start scripts].
so vdj we'd setup a repeat start script, [say a level fade] press a button and vdj makes it happen, with the SB3 the device repeatedly sends the midi to lower the level.
So even if the vdj gui says sampler, if the device is set to 1 of the 4 pages that are HW level, vdj will not receive midi that it can understand as pushing a sample pad

I honestly don't think we'll see a controller try this again, a bad HW workaround for a software problem.

Posté Sun 26 Sep 21 @ 11:04 pm
Thanks so much for your in depth analysis and information locodog! I bought this controller blind because I needed something last minute to look good (better than a 1st gen Vestax Spin anyway) on TV for an upcoming show I just finished shooting. The DDJ SB3 is a bit reminiscent of my old DDJ Ergo K but missing a lot of the features of that classic (imho) controller. All in all I got a good deal on it so I'm not mad I just need to learn about its shortcomings. Another bad one is you can't switch to decks C and D without having the unit selected as the audio card :-S Unfortunately a firmware update from Pioneer did nothing to fix that problem.

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 4:40 pm