Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Sujet VDJ or OBS - biggest load on CPU?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi - Just wondering which is the bigger load on CPU for a single laptop setup...

A) Virtual DJ audio streamed through OBS
or
B) Streaming audio and video direct from VDJ

OBS is a little sluggish for me, but going direct from VDJ gives me glitches and brief VDJ freezes... so wondering which is the lighter option for my CPU.

Thx

Posté Sat 02 May 20 @ 12:45 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Option A works best for me.

I get the slightest audio/video lag with my webcam when doing it in VDJ.

Posté Sat 02 May 20 @ 1:56 pm
test them and then look at the the CPU lol

Posté Sun 05 Jul 20 @ 11:30 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
VDJ is useless for webcam and green screen, obs much better

Posté Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 8:20 am
OBS gives you more control over the encoding, which has the biggest influence on your CPU if you use x264. But OBS also allows to you use hardware encoders like NVENC or QuickSync, which you should prefer in order to have more headroom on your CPU for DJing. On the other side VDJ likely has internal mechanics to prioritize the audio engine more, so if you want to keep it simple, go with the built-in tools.

Posté Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 5:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VDJ will also use nVidia or Intel hardware acceleration for video encoding when available.

Posté Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 6:01 pm
Adion wrote :
VDJ will also use nVidia or Intel hardware acceleration for video encoding when available.

Oops, i missed that, my bad.

Posté Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 6:03 pm
All the information is useless of you have a slow CPU without some spare recources.

Posté Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 8:22 pm
paulpa66 wrote :
VDJ is useless for webcam and green screen, obs much better

Hmm. I use that on all my streams, so I kind of have to not agree with you :)

Posté Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 10:18 am
OBS is just another thing that can go wrong and pretty sloppy made if you ask me
It also takes away all that VDJ can do with video unless you grab the video output, which is of course yet another thing that can go wrong and takes up resources
So unless you really need it I would forget about OBS and use VDJs broadcasting feature
- and if you really need it put it on an second laptop and just broadcast some static graphics, a couple of cameras and your audio output from the first laptop/your controller

Posté Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 10:21 am
I found the VDJ video options limited in terms of layout and control... also OBS or SLOBS allow much greater interaction than VDJ video seems to, unless I'm missing something? SLOBS is a little glitchy, but the interaction is invaluable for me.

btw - this is my setup on SLOBS: www.twitch.tv/vinylburns

If there's a way to achieve this in VDJ, I'm all ears... :)

Posté Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 1:07 am
Posting a screengrab for you...

Posté Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 8:02 am
groovindj wrote :
Posting a screengrab for you...

Thx

Posté Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 8:17 am
Three cameras, chat area, scroller along the top, your logo and some fixed text @ bottom right?

Are the three cameras webcams?

Posté Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 8:26 am
groovindj wrote :
Three cameras, chat area, scroller along the top, your logo and some fixed text @ bottom right?

Are the three cameras webcams?

Currently I'm using an action cam, macbook facetime cam and an iphone for the overhead...

The chat box is a SLOBS widget sourced from Restream. (I can do into more boring detail if you're not familiar with these) ;-)

Posté Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 9:31 am
klausmogensen wrote :

...It also takes away all that VDJ can do with video unless you grab the video output....

Do you mean grabbing the output as a virtual camera, then pulling that into OBS etc...? I couldn't find a way to do that out of VDJ... do you know the secret sauce? :)

I agree OBS and SLOBS seem a bit crashy and glitchy, but I really enjoy the flexibility they allow... trade-offs huh?

Posté Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 9:40 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)