Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VirtualDJ 2021 : Real-Time Stems separation - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

kradcliffe wrote :
Yes,although the build number is the same,the 32 bit version is named 2020 and 64 bit 2021.

That's going to confuse people.

Basically I think it's the opposite. Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions will get the "same" updates from now on.
But 32 bit version will still be version 2020, and 64 bit version will be 2021. And 2020 (32 bit version) won't support stems

So, from now on, if a user says I'm using 2020 there's no need to ask if it's 32 or 64 bit. It will be 32 bit, no stems
And if a user says I'm using 2021 it will be 64 bits, stems capable.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 9:28 pm
It was clear again that the 32bit user got n ass kick.
Just leave it completely :-(

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 9:34 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
at the beginning I stayed in 32 bits by a port to my effects, but finally I went to 64bits.
and now frankly I agree fast ect ..
You have to move forward

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 9:38 pm
djdutschi wrote :

64bit has been there for 20 years now.
Why would someone still want to use 32bit in 2020 ?

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 9:41 pm
Support staff wrote :
djdutschi wrote :

64bit has been there for 20 years now.
Why would someone still want to use 32bit in 2020 ?

I have tell this 100 on many Posts or Topics.
I use many Good FXs they only works whis 32bit , Effects from Virtual DJ and also VSTs , I will use this continue.
It would also be no problem to support both in a 64bit program instead of programming 2 programs.
I have a lot of plugins, which all run perfectly in my 32bit version. And can be controlled with my controller (there is a lot of work involved).
But whenever I say it would be good to go further with compatibility, it always goes in one ear anyway, out the other.
And here we see the example again, then you are excluded into something else.
There was a time when things from previous versions could still be used.
I find something very sad :-(

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 9:57 pm
Do you need to reanalyze your library in order for the songs to load faster? The song loads first then it seems to separate the stems but very slowly.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 10:01 pm
djdutschi wrote :
It would also be no problem to support both in a 64bit program instead of programming 2 programs.

If it was possible we would do it of course, but that's just not how it works. you cannot call one from the other. that's a Windows limitation, nothing to do with virtualdj.

djdutschi wrote :
There was a time when things from previous versions could still be used.
I find something very sad :-(

You can still use 32bit. and it will still continue to get bug fixes for the near future.
But the new features, like stem separation and new equalizers, are not going to be on 32 bit.
Not because we're lazy to do it, just because it's technically impossible to do this on a 32bit architecture.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 10:09 pm
boobash518 wrote :
Do you need to reanalyze your library in order for the songs to load faster? The song loads first then it seems to separate the stems but very slowly.

No, reanalyzing has nothing to do. the new algorithm is run in real-time everytime you load a song.

Like the announcement said, virtualdj 2021 makes use of the power of modern computers.
It works very good on any recent computer. But if your computer is a bit old, it will work but the analysis will be a bit slower.
For best results, we recommend any laptop that is less than 5 years old and has a nvidia video card.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 10:13 pm
That's not true.
I have programms, and even more complicated ones, which also support 32bit plugins in my 64bit Windows, and in a 64bit program.
And as far as stems are concerned, even that works.
It still works even under Win 7.
The program runs as 64bit, but can also support 32bit plugins.
If that doesn't work for you, you're doing something wrong :-)
And even the people with that the 64bit version cannot run under Win 7, I don't understand, nothing has to do with DirectX, I have Win 7 64bit with DirectX11.
Just for information. And I have tons of audio programs that run as a 64bit version on this system and also support 32bit plugins, and of course 64bit plugins at the same time.
Unfortunately, there is no need to tell me about it.
I also use Win10 for a while, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Virtual DJ could not run if you wanted to.
Well, I don't need to say more.
Find that a shame.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 10:24 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
As far as I know, in order to achieve this compatiblity you need to have a second 32bit process running in the background (and loading the 32bit dll in this process) and then make communication between both instances by IPC. It is not a native way.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 11:05 pm
However these programs work.
The programs work very well with 32bit plugins and 64bit plugins.
And they run stable and clean.
And like I said, it's essentially more complicated audio programs.
Which I have been using for a long time.
So it is no problem to make something compatible ;-)
Of course you can also go there and convert each plugin as 64bit.
And continue programming 2 programs.
But in my opinion it is more work for the programmer than making a program compatible.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 11:27 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I've tried copying the VDJ folder minus the settings folder, then a restore from backup function, however, it seems that I'll need to re-analyze 1/3rd of my entire collection. Did I do something wrong? I'm happy regardless, it'll probably only set me back 1 day on an 8-core CPU.

The reason I wanted to start fresh was because my VDJ was still saying 2018 and in the 32bit directory even though I was on the 64bit 2020 8.4 version.

I wanted to say thanks to Automix for making this software even greater. These were the additions I was hoping for and I can't wait to get back into the mix again. Cheers!

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 11:34 pm
I have pioneer dj’s DDJ-1000, and was wondering is it plug & play with VDJ2021 if I purchase the Pro Infinity account?

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 11:46 pm

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 11:49 pm
Thanks、Rune!

Posté Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 11:57 pm
fer14PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Amazing !!!! Great work !!!

Posté Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 12:15 am
so 2 questions: we need what kind of files to use stems more effective?
.Wav? Flac? MP3 (320Kbits to be better solutions?)
&
did we need to make at new analyse of all tracks ?

Posté Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 12:43 am
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
precheur35 wrote :
so 2 questions: we need what kind of files to use stems more effective?
.Wav? Flac? MP3 (320Kbits to be better solutions?)
&
did we need to make at new analyse of all tracks ?

It works with all kind of audio files, but with losless goes better for obvious quality reasons. Even with video files works more than fine with the exception of large/weighty ones as full concerts (at least in my machine). In video files with low mp3 audio encoding the effect is not satisfactory, just tech not magic in the end.
You don't need to re-analyse the tracks, it's a real time process.
Thanks again to the team for making this possible.

Posté Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 1:00 am
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
Whenever I use the new features (EZRemix, ModernEQ, Stems) and I have it enabled during a loop it spits out some garbled noise 1 measure before the 1. Is that normal or is there something about my configuration or install that's causing that sound?

By default my mathEngine's set to GPU, I'm going to try CPU to see if this helps.

Posté Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 1:51 am
I didnt see an update in the manual, is there any documentation or specifics on the updated waveform?

I also noticed an additional bar at the bottom of the deck waveform overview, what does that represent?

TIA

Posté Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 2:11 am
26%