Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Quick access to STEMS using Pads

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

KlepoyHome userMember since 2011
So I’m trying our VDJ 2021 (primarily for the stems feature) using my pioneer ddj 1000SRT. Liking it a lot. Quick question...

Is there an easy way to change the pads to stems mode? Right now I have i have the EQ controls mode set to disabled and click on the option to change the PADS to STEMS.

In the middle of the song, I change the pads to display the hot cues. At this point I don’t see an option to go and change the pads to stems mode other than going through the EQ options and clicking it there. Anyone know of how this can be done?

I’m new to VDJ so I apologize in advance if this is a simple question. Thanks!

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 7:17 pm

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 7:20 pm
Thanks for the link. So I can quickly access the stems pads by changing the pad page in the software interface.

Any tips on how to make a similar change in the HW controller was o quickly access the stems pads.

I’m guessing that I have to map the stems page to one of the pad modes? Any tips on how t do this? Thanks again.

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 7:58 pm
Quite quick and easy to do..
Open the mapper settings, and search pad_mode (see image below)

Then select the one you want to use for it. In image below used the ROLLS to be STEMS instead... as example :)
You can choose other that you prefer

action : pad_page 'stems'

(you want to do same on the LED_PAD_MODE_ROLL, if using the example below, and change from 'loop roll' to 'stems' so that it lights up on selected : pad_page 'stems' ? color 'green' : off)

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 8:15 pm
Thank you for that tip. I will try it out tonight.

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 9:01 pm
Just tried it. It works. I did notice one thing though...

I’m in STEMS mode, and see that all pads for stems are lit
I go to HOT CUE mode, then back to STEMS. At this point, I see that all pads are not lit although I can hear everything.

I’m wondering if it has to do with the action for the LED_PAD_MODE.

Currently I have it as
pad_page ‘’stems’ ? color ’green’:off

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 11:13 pm
Klepoy wrote :

I go to HOT CUE mode, then back to STEMS. At this point, I see that all pads are not lit although I can hear everything.

Hmm odd. Will check a little, cant quite see why thats happening

Klepoy wrote :

Hopefully you didnt write exactly that in VirtualDJ? if so there might be some issue.
Keep ' ' vs " " in mind so that its same closing and opening "tag". Best to just use single quotes all the way, so you dont mess up ;-)

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 11:20 pm
I did use ‘ single quotes everywhere in VDJ. My iPhone just changed what I typed in the forum to “ 😄

Thanks

Posté Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 11:24 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Klepoy wrote :

Klepoy wrote :

Hopefully you didnt write exactly that in VirtualDJ? if so there might be some issue.
Keep ' ' vs " " in mind so that its same closing and opening "tag". Best to just use single quotes all the way, so you dont mess up ;-)

Were you able to check if it’s doing the same thing for you? Thanks!

Posté Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 4:01 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
[quote=Klepoy]

Rune , were you able to check? Thanks.

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 5:02 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)