Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Trigger video skin element with Keyboard or Midi Controller button?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello I have a video skin that triggers the display of a song artist title and cover art on the screen with the following code in the skin xml:

param_equal get_crossfader_result 0 ? deck left load_pulse : param_equal get_crossfader_result 1 ? deck right load_pulse : fadeout 5000ms 750ms

How can I replace the crossfader with a key on my keyboard or a button on my midi controller so that I can toggle each title on and off manually?

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 8:14 pm
Sorry I missed this and the post in the other thread.

You need to modify the above script to this
var_equal 'showtitle' 1 && fadeout 1000ms 750ms

Then your custom button or controller button should be:
toggle 'showtitle'

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 9:57 pm
AWESOME. Thank you so much!

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 10:01 pm
Alright so I know I did something wrong. I took your script:

<group name="banner_bottom" y="+75" visibility="pulse 30000ms '`param_equal get_crossfader_result 0 ? deck left load_pulse : param_equal get_crossfader_result 1 ? deck right load_pulse : fadeout 5000ms 750ms`'">

And changed it to this:

<group name="banner_bottom" y="+75" visibility="pulse 30000ms '`var_equal 'showtitle' 1 && fadeout 1000ms 750ms`'">

And nothing happens when I map the key "K" on my keyboard and give it a mapping value: toggle "showtitle"

Can you let me know where I messed up:-)

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 10:12 pm
This is what your first line should look like.

<group name="banner_bottom" y="+75" visibility="deck master var_equal 'showtitle' 1 && fadeout 1000ms 750ms"

edit I made a small error should be as above ^

and the button should be
deck master toggle 'showtitle'

note they are single apostrophes, not speech bubbles ;)

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 10:15 pm
Great I should've known better with my html background: && This works beautifully. Is there a way I can get it to work all the time for both decks? It seems the script works based on which deck is playing and where the volume fader is on a particular deck etc.

For example, if I load a track in each deck without playing them and press my trigger buttons the script does not work and nothing is shown. If I play deck 1 and trigger the script on that deck it works. But then if I push play on deck 2 while deck 1 is still playing and try to trigger the title on deck 2 it does not work. I have to move the volume fader on deck 1 down or stop deck 1 altogether to get the title to trigger on deck 2. It seems that Virtual DJ is doing advanced thinking in the background based on fader positions and deck states.

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 10:48 pm
You can but will require some more work to the XML etc.

Will have a look tomorrow (it’s late here).

Posté Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 11:42 pm
Thanks so much for your help and for developing the skin. It's exactly what I need. Do you have a Patreon or paypal where I can donate?

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 12:09 am
Created a dark mode version with font and style to match what I do in Final Cut Pro:-)

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 5:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)