Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet What is the VDJ Script word for trigger instead of toggle?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I want to trigger a video skin effect instead of toggle it on and off but I cannot find the right command. Is there a VDJ script command for the trigger action? I searched documentation but I could not find what I am looking for.

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 4:46 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 5:04 pm
Hi Nicotux thanks for your quick response. So right now I have the "K" key on my keyboard mapped to this:

deck 1 toggle 'showtitle'

I need the command to trigger 'showtitle' instead of toggle. I tried this:

deck 1 trigger 'showtitle'

That does not work.

What is the right word to get it to trigger without having to turn it off again. I also tried "on" "active" etc. but none of those words work.

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 5:07 pm
So you can this to turn it on:
set 'showtitle' 1

and this to turn it off:
set 'showtitle' 0

For future reference just use the same post we'd had the original conversation in, rather than opening a new post of each variant of the same question ;-)

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 5:16 pm
OK thanks and sorry for posting a new thread. I didn't want to hammer you with basic question after question so thought I would open it up to the general populace since you're the only one in my other thread:-) Btw is there a way to delete threads I start and clean things up?

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 5:22 pm
No way to delete them. But it's fine, you can carry on here. I'll keep my eye on it in case I can help more.
But if you have questions of a similar nature just post them here ;)

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 5:36 pm
Ok thanks. Basically I want to press a key on my keyboard the title comes up and then fades away without me having to press anything again. Is this possible?

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 5:45 pm
It will be. I’ll have a look when I get to my machine.

If someone else wants to chime in, in the mean time. Feel free.

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 6:21 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
that may depend on effect (i don't know about showtitle)
but "title" effect have :
position (effect_slider 1 or video_fx_slider 1)
and delay (effect_slider 2 or video_fx_slider 2)
and duration (effect_slider 3 or video_fx_slider 3)
and style (effect_slider 4 or video_fx_slider 4)

or you can use a video skin

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 6:22 pm
Nicotux - it is a video skin.

var ‘showtitle’ 1 will turn it on.
Basically. He wants to press a button to turn it off then say 30 seconds later it turns off, without having to press anything.

That’s the code he wants.

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 6:25 pm
Dan basically your original code did this. It got crossfader position and triggered the title and then the title went away by itself. I just need a way to copy whatever was going on with that trigger action over to the key/button mapping script. You had language including the word pulse but I'm still new to a lot of this terminology so I don't know how to script it correctly.

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 6:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
fadeout Xms [Start fading after] Yms [fade to nothing in Yms]

would be the one to look at

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 6:56 pm
Hi locodog. Where do I place that code? Also where in the code do I put the "showtitle" object?

Posté Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 7:06 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)