Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Stems and DDJ 1000srt

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi

As my 2013 ddj Sx has started to display some weaknesses and glitches, like many I am considering now to get a ddj 1000 or a ddj 1000srt.

I have read all the threads in this forum about them and watched a few videos, and I understand all the internal/external mode differences and their consequences, or that the infos displayed on the jog display differ a lot between the 2 models. Big thank to all the contributors, that's great to get such valuable info.

I still have 2 questions to ask, first regarding effects, second, regarding the new stems possibilities.

1) the ddj 1000 uses the vdj effects when used with it, exactly like it uses the rekordbox ones (effects are "software" for digital bus and "hardware" for analogue bus). But Pioneer opted to "duplicate" the mixer/hardware effects on their software (Rekordbox). What about vdj ? What are actually the effects available when one uses those on the mixer ? I am asking because I don't know any vdj effects (by default or added) like enigma jet or low cut echo.

2) With the ddj 1000srt all mixer operations are hardware controlled, but their movement are visible in VirtualDJ GUI. So can the new stems system work with it ?

Thanks in advance

Posté Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 2:04 am
Would love to see the Enigma Jet make its way to the DDJ-1000, matching the effect on the selector knob, using VDJ 2021.

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 11:28 pm
Flanger not good enough?

Posté Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 8:50 am
jcmberlin wrote :
Hi

As my 2013 ddj Sx has started to display some weaknesses and glitches, like many I am considering now to get a ddj 1000 or a ddj 1000srt.

I have read all the threads in this forum about them and watched a few videos, and I understand all the internal/external mode differences and their consequences, or that the infos displayed on the jog display differ a lot between the 2 models. Big thank to all the contributors, that's great to get such valuable info.

I still have 2 questions to ask, first regarding effects, second, regarding the new stems possibilities.

1) the ddj 1000 uses the vdj effects when used with it, exactly like it uses the rekordbox ones (effects are "software" for digital bus and "hardware" for analogue bus). But Pioneer opted to "duplicate" the mixer/hardware effects on their software (Rekordbox). What about vdj ? What are actually the effects available when one uses those on the mixer ? I am asking because I don't know any vdj effects (by default or added) like enigma jet or low cut echo.

2) With the ddj 1000srt all mixer operations are hardware controlled, but their movement are visible in VirtualDJ GUI. So can the new stems system work with it ?

Thanks in advance

To start off: I own the DDJ-1000 and i'm very happy with it. It almost works perfectly with VDJ, only requiring very small adjustments, some of which i'd consider personal preference.

Regarding 1): As you said above in your post, when a deck is switched to USB, it will use the software's effects. For VDJ, that means the effect selecting knob will change to the effect or nearest effect that makes sense. It will select the hardware effects when you want to use effects on a deck that turned to Line. If you don't have any non-USB decks active, the master effect will also be software (so it will be the same as the effects on the channels, just globally). This excludes the mic! It will not be affected by master, and that also would require hardware effects since the mic is not processed by VDJ, but by the constroller's mixer solely.
2): Are you sure the SRT's mixer is hardware-only? In my opinion that would make the SRT an absolutely inferior product, if you cannot change this behaviour. However, with the dual EQ stems layout you would still be able to use EQs + Stems. It would just prevent you from using 4 decks, but 4 decks + dual EQ layout is really iffy with a normal DDJ-1000 anyway, so i don't think it's a huge deal. The dual EQ stems layout makes your channel 3 and 4 work as stem knobs for decks 1 and 2 respectively.

Posté Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 7:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)