Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Re: MacOSX Catalina - Page: 1
Hi, Is Virtual DJ 8 compatible with MacOSX Catalina?

Thanks, Scott

Posté Fri 17 Jul 20 @ 4:36 am
Yes it is and has been since Catalina launched.

The challenge with a new OS is whether the drivers for your peripherals work (sound card, DJ controller etc)

But as we are approx 2months from the release of Mac OS Big Sur, I’d imagine you should be good with Catalina by now.

Posté Fri 17 Jul 20 @ 8:41 am
Okay thanks for info.

Posté Fri 17 Jul 20 @ 10:29 pm
Will there be a delay in Virtual DJ being compatible with iOS Big Sur?

Posté Thu 12 Nov 20 @ 8:47 pm
redlining93 wrote :
Will there be a delay in Virtual DJ being compatible with iOS Big Sur?

Probably already is...
Been quite a few users with the Big Sur beta, running VirtualDJ just fine ;-)

And historically speaking, VirtualDJ always been ready at new OS updates.

If your hardware is ready, is perhaps the question to ask. Quite a few of the macOS updates have "broken" prior drivers due to bigger changes in the OS.
For most hardware the brands will have drivers either already ready, or quick updates. But do keep an eye on the brands site.

And for older controller, there is always a risk that at one stage, the drivers will not be updated, since the controller is deemed past its lifetime.
But thats usually 15-20 year old controllers, and few and far between ;-)

Posté Thu 12 Nov 20 @ 9:02 pm

Posté Thu 12 Nov 20 @ 9:06 pm
garethHome userMember since 2020
Hi . Do you know if the Hercules MK4 will work on Big Sur that has just updated on my Mac Pro? I had issues when I pulled out my old machine to play around with but had playback issues when using the Hercules sound card on the unit. Playback was slow and stuttering.

Any help putting me in the right direction to get this sorted would help.

Posté Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 1:12 pm
You need to check with Hercules.

Posté Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 1:15 pm
Is Virtual DJ working ok with Big Sur. I upgraded. now when I launch VDJ it takes a while to load all the Tags . and all tracks have the green star of a recently added track. Will this be rectified .

Posté Fri 20 Nov 20 @ 11:22 pm
I have a macbook pro running Big Sur. The problem I'm having is that the microphone will not work. I have tried the built in mic and also the mic in my headset and can't get either to work. Both work with all other apps and show up and work in Settings. I have gone into Virtual DJ settings and selected the proper mic and have gone into Master Control and tuned on the mic but get no response when I speak. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution.

Posté Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 10:46 pm
Please disregard my last post. I just tried the mic again and it is now working. Don't know why and don't care. It is what it is.

Posté Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 10:54 pm
Can anyone confirm does VDJ work with the latest version of MAC Os... last time there was a three month delay before support was rolled out?

Posté Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 3:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just like last time it worked from release :)

Posté Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 5:28 am
mceyedol wrote :
last time there was a three month delay before support was rolled out?

No there wasn't (at least for VirtualDJ itself)
Usually it's the controller manufacturers that have to check and update their drivers that take some time. So, most likely you refer to that.
And the answer is YES VirtualDJ works fine in Big Sur. But you should check with your controller manufacturer as well before updating.

Posté Fri 04 Dec 20 @ 10:42 am
I have a MacAir i5 2020 and wants me to upgrade MacOS Big Sur. Right now im using Catalina. Im a pro user and want to know would the new upgrade to Big Sur be ok or am I better off staying with Catalina. Thank You for the support.

Posté Sun 06 Dec 20 @ 7:40 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
read the post directly above your

Posté Sun 06 Dec 20 @ 7:48 pm
QuettePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Why does Virtual Dj freeze up a lot when using

Posté Thu 18 Mar 21 @ 2:01 pm
Quette wrote :
Why does Virtual Dj freeze up a lot when using

Generally speaking your computer or hardware is probably a bit slow or low end.
Depends on what you mean by "freeze" up though.. is it the sound "freezing" up a little every now and then (drop outs), or it the interface freezing up, and if so when? At new song load? When doing something specific?

A bit more info would be needed to be able to suggest some things to try ;-)

Posté Thu 18 Mar 21 @ 2:12 pm
Dont Judge me, I am a Numark fan and just upgraded from Mixtrack Pro to the NS4FX. i am now experiencing music lagging and jumping. i plugged my old controller in and i am now getting the same. i have old MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) running catalina 10.15.7. i have changed the hard drive to a ssd maybe 5/6 years ago and since i did that it worked so much better.
i guess what i am saying is, is it my laptop or is it my controller / VD software that is causing the problem

Posté Sat 29 Apr 23 @ 4:02 am
I use a MacBook Pro Retina 15", Late 2013, MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 with VDJ with a Pioneer SX2 and it works fine. I recently moved to a Pioneer DDJ1000SRT and I know that I must update my OS to probably Catalina or Mojave. With this MacBook, am I capable of updating to Catalina or Mojave?

Posté Sun 13 Aug 23 @ 10:49 pm
95%