Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet batch title from filename
In version 8 the option of batch title from filename disappears, there is only the option by the tag, can you help find an option that you can select a group and change the song names with the click of a button as in version 7.

Posté Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 6:29 am
Its still same ;-)

Open song or selection of songs, by right-click and choose Tag Editor.
Then click the small dot near "Artist" and "Title" and opt for "get from filename"

Posté Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 1:28 pm
Thanks for the help, is there a way to select a group of songs or an entire folder and make the selection for everyone?

Posté Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 2:32 pm
Yes.

Posté Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 3:02 pm
I would love if you could guide me on how I do this.

Posté Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 3:41 pm
Just select the songs you want to do it on..

Hold down Shift key from start to end of section, or CTRL key to select individual ones, or CTRL + A to select all.
Right-click selection, and open Tag editor. And choose the tag you want to tag for whole selection (in your case "use filename")

Posté Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 3:43 pm
Thank you, you helped me a lot.

Posté Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 4:31 pm
When there are brackets in the name of the song and it says (remix) in them, for example, I don't see them when I watch the songs in virtual. How can I be made to see that in the brackets after the song name too?!

The song is called - VILLANOVA - ABOUT ME (ORIGINAL MIX)
And I see - VILLANOVA - ABOUT ME
(ORIGINAL MIX) is not visible

please help

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 11:12 am
Open TAG EDITOR, (click small icon between Artist and Title) select Get Artist/Title from File name

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 11:31 am
MrDjLinton,
I've tried it many times, but it doesn't show what's in the brackets.

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 12:51 pm
get a screen shot of the tag editor and track so we can see whats going on

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 12:58 pm
In the first picture I show the name of the song that is visible and what is in brackets (ORIGINAL MIX)
But you can't see it in the second photo?!
this is the problem!

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 1:08 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You don't have the remix tab showing in the browser.
Right-click the column header and either add the Remix tab, or the Title (Remix) tab

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 1:31 pm
I think he means it doesn't show on the decks or the browser, what should happen when opening tag editor is in this video the track is Gold Teeth - Bontan, in the browser and on deck it shows just that, but the tag editor has the (original Mix) in the Remix field, then when you click get artist/title from file name it should automatically put the remix next to the title so it shows correctly on all 3 views, deck, browser, file name are all identical.......> https://youtu.be/j_bOZ3quFlg

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 1:44 pm
I don't want it to appear (remix) in a separate tape, I want it to appear in the name of the song directly

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 1:44 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
then use the "title remix" field header.

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 2:07 pm