Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Apologies in Advance - Key Issues

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

20Nat20ControlleristMember since 2018
I had an issue a few months ago with an update or a changed setting that seriously affected my mixing. It lasted for months before I resolved it and it was simple. I have had the same today I was mixing anything and everything for hours and it all sounded amazing - I tend to mix in key.
I have updated the software in the past 24hrs as instructed and when I have tried to mix it isn’t working the same . It is saying a track matches in key and then when you try to mix it sounds appalling.
I was mixing with confidence earlier and it was the best I have ever heard myself. A few hours later and the controller is at risk of a swim in the canal.
This is quite a big thing as it keeps happening, if I was playing out I don’t know what the fix is, I know it is simple from last time but so simple i didn’t bother to remember it....🙄

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 6:14 am
Mister McGovern wrote :
It is saying

What do you mean? Are you literally getting a popup message on screen?

The message itself tells you how/where to turn it off.

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 6:23 am
When I look at my tracks in the folder, I generally sort them by key (numerically). When I use a track that it is saying is key compatible, it sounds completely out and it is not like it is a slight difference. I can hear it change listening to the mix I did earlier. Suddenly it sounds like I can’t mix two tracks together...

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 6:38 am
So you're not getting a popup? Is autoKey on or off?

If you answer questions and provide detailed information, we'll get to the bottom of it quicker.

Mister McGovern wrote :
I can hear it change listening to the mix I did earlier

Please explain.

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 6:47 am
Thanks for your patience , auto key is off.

There is no pop up. I have attached a picture of my view. You can see the track with its key and a tick next to those that that are compatible.

When I refer to hearing it in the mix after about 2 hrs of it sounding amazing, pretty much every other track then sounded wrong.

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 7:10 am
Thanks for your patience , auto key is off.

There is no pop up. I have attached a picture of my view. You can see the track with its key and a tick next to those that that are compatible.

When I refer to hearing it in the mix after about 2 hrs of it sounding amazing, pretty much every other track then sounded wrong.

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 7:10 am
I have spotted another post about the absence of key lock in the latest version and I think that the auto key matching is causing the problems. I remember this from last time that all of my tracks were either A or B - not A & B how do I change this?

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 10:37 am
Mister McGovern wrote :
I think that the auto key matching is causing the problems

Earlier you said it was off.

Is your key detection on 'broad' or 'electronic'? Broad is best.

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 10:57 am
I have sorted it, the key detection is set to electronic as recommended, it needs to be broad based. Is that something the update has changed?

Proper pain in the backside sorting that out and it has taken me nearly 12 hours....🙄

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 11:06 am
Mister McGovern wrote :
set to electronic as recommended

Recommended by who? It should be on broad range. The electronic setting emulates the old VDJ 7 algorithm, which detects everything as minor.

I don't know why Atomix can't just remove the electronic choice....

Posté Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 11:22 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)