Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Auto Gain Befor Gain Knob

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ymed85PRO InfinityMember since 2020
Please add function: Auto Gain set volume before the gain knob (Serato, traktor, rekordbox etc..style).

Posté Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 2:49 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
gainSliderIncludesAutoGain (which is already the default)

Posté Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 3:30 pm
... but in this mode when I move the gain up and down the waveform change dimension.....it's possible disable this

Posté Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 3:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No, this behavior is fixed.

Posté Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 4:03 pm
user22312225 wrote :
it's possible disable this

It provides visual feedback that you're changing the gain, and allows you to see if you go too far. Why would you not want this?

Also with autogain enabled, it should not be necessary to adjust manually.

Posté Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 4:09 pm
example:
I lower the gain of one track in automix , when virtualdj load a other track, it resets the gain and puts everything back to 0dba so I in the controller have to bring the gain back to the correct position (also in relative mode).instead it should be like Eq (if I removed the bass in the previous track and leave the knob turned down in my controller, virtualdj will load the other track with the same settings) this does not happen in the gain but it would be really useful....

Future request:
I would like if I lower the gain of channel one via the knob of my controller by -15 db, when virtualdj loads the other track in the same channel you set volume to 0dba -15db.
Two gain mode. One gain set the track to 0dba and the other mirrors the gain_knob on the controller.
I couldn't find this in virtualdj, i tried gain_relative, instant, etc but none do this.

Posté Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 12:42 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
when the Eq bass was removed in the previous track and leave the knob turned down in controller, virtualdj will load the other track accordingly to the setting "resetEqOnLoad", the same for stems "resetStemsOnLoad", same for resetPitchOnLoad and "resetKeyOnLoad".
For auto gain.. it will use the [pre]computed gain for the track accordingly to "autoGain"

If you do not VDJ to alter the gain... you can set autoGain to no
Only the volume/level apply after track gain and won't change by loading another track
The gain button will show the gain apply by the preamp, the track can be +50db or -12db or whatever, it will play at its own level with this gain apply to (it will not adjust to match global mix)
(not a really good solution IMHO)

What can be better:
in a way to get a gain equivalent for all decks not resetting upon track load you may use "master_volume" instead
the global master level will limit the whole global gain. If you want to adjust a gain for both deck maybe leave autogain on (in a way to get all track to the same input level) and map "master_volume" instead of "gain". this way, individual track gain is adjustable as well

Future request:
1)for gain match the other deck you can map ONSONGLOAD to "match_gain"

2) using previous methode, the "gain" knob set the track to 0dba (or autogain) per deck in VDJ, the "master_volume" knob will match the gain_knob on the controller.

Posté Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 1:49 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)