Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Confused slightly regarding licensing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

auroxiPRO InfinityMember since 2020
So I have got some new equipment (Denon SC6000M's and Denon X1850 mixer) and would like to use the new integration within VDJ. However I'm a little confused by the licensing. I'm ready to purchase VDJ Professional however it's not clear if I can do what I want to.

I have a temporary PC that I am using until I purchase a new laptop in a few months time. If I purchase VDJ professional now and use the license on this temporary PC, when I purchase a new laptop am I free to install and use VDJ Professional on the laptop and uninstall from this PC?

When I read the Comparison Chart on the website, it states that with VDJ Professional, I am unable to transfer licenses. Am I therefore either:

1) Not understanding it correctly and can definitely install it on this PC and my new laptop when it arrives in a few months time.

2) VDJ expects me to purchase Professional now (if I want to) and then another $299 when I get my new laptop ..... or wait some months until I get my new laptop

Just to clarify, I just use this at home (I'll probably stream at some point) and won't be doing any venue stuff.

Cheers

Posté Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 10:56 am
The license isn't tied to a computer, but to you and your login.

This means that you can install VDJ on as many computers as you want, and the license will be activated simply by logging in to VDJ on whichever computer you're using.

Logging in generates a license file, so you don't have to log in every time, and can still use VDJ if/when you're away from the internet.

Posté Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 11:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
"unable to transfer" means that you can't sell the license to another person/user.

Posté Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 1:41 pm
auroxiPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Great, thanks for the answers both :)

Posté Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 2:04 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)