Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Filter Slider & Gain Slider with Stems

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Is this right?
The Filter Slider and Gain Slider dont work in Stems Mode on kin , only with Controller.
This mean , I can dont use the Bass with the Filter Slider and dont use the Instrument with the Gain Slider on the Skin.
Only the Filter and Gain Slider on my Controller can control this Stem .

Posté Sun 13 Sep 20 @ 7:13 am
Yes, for some bizarre reason Atomix only allow external control of the knobs that normally control filter and gain.

They say it's so that users can still access filter and gain (from the skin) when using 5 way stems.

I think it's odd myself that the same knob has two different functions depending on whether it's operated from a controller or from the skin. Confusing.

Surely if someone has switched to 5 way stems (and the image in VDJ shows assignment of those knobs) then they should be fully aware of what those knobs are going to do when used. If they are switched to 5 way stems, then they should control 5 way stems regardless of how they're accessed.

It was also confusing that the labels of those knobs didn't change to reflect the new function. They've been modified now to change (temporarily) when a controller is used, so not quite as bad.

Posté Sun 13 Sep 20 @ 8:48 am
groovindj wrote :
Yes, for some bizarre reason Atomix only allow external control of the knobs that normally control filter and gain.

They say it's so that users can still access filter and gain (from the skin) when using 5 way stems.

I think it's odd myself that the same knob has two different functions depending on whether it's operated from a controller or from the skin. Confusing.

Surely if someone has switched to 5 way stems (and the image in VDJ shows assignment of those knobs) then they should be fully aware of what those knobs are going to do when used. If they are switched to 5 way stems, then they should control 5 way stems regardless of how they're accessed.

It was also confusing that the labels of those knobs didn't change to reflect the new function. They've been modified now to change (temporarily) when a controller is used, so not quite as bad.

Yes, it's confusing.
That's why I posted it here in the forum.
OK for me, I use everything with a controller anyway, just not great for users who use a mouse or touch, for example. work.
But it also doesn't make sense that the label of the buttons only temporarily shows the writing of the stem control and jumps back again.

Then I noticed that the command eq_mode +1 does not switch to the 5-way Stem mode at all.
Only after you have activated it once in the dropdown window with a tick.

I then have the command on a controller button:
setting "eqMode" ModernEQ? setting "eqMode" EZRemix: setting "eqMode" EZRemix? setting "eqMode" Frequency: setting "eqMode" Stems? setting "eqMode" ModernEQ: setting "eqMode" Stems.
mapped ;-)

Posté Sun 13 Sep 20 @ 10:52 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)