Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Possible BUG with "browser Scroll" and the Herculse Inpulse 500

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Using a ASUS ROG G75VW-DS72 Laptop (kind of outdated) and the Hercules Inpulse 500 on 10-24-20, everything left factory except I was using the Pro layout. The rotary encoder for browsing folders and songs was working fine, then at some point it switch its focus on the sidelists on the right, only able to scroll between the 5 of them, I could not get back to the folders and songs. I am not sure at what exact moment it got stuck there or what combinations of buttons or accidental button presses I may have executed. I kept resetting it to the factory mapping which did not help. The correct script after hooking up to another computer is simply "browser_scroll". I will try to remember the script I saw that was incorrect. "browser_window 'sidelist' browser_window sidelist +1 browser_window sidelist -1", something to that effect, I definitely remember sidelist in green and a total of three instances of the word sidelist as well as browser_window at least once. In VDJ Hercules controller Info which is much better than the factory info it reads "Turn to set focus to Sideview and cycle through its views (Automix, Sidelist, Karaoke, Sampler and Shortcuts). Push to toggle Browser focus between Sideview and Song list. These instructions don't make a whole lot of sense because you can only turn the knob and push it in for an on/off action, I even tried pushing it in, holding it in and turning at the same time and pushing multiple times if operating in folders and songs only switches between folders and songs and if its stuck on sidelist, pushing the encoder will allow it to switch to the last active song in the song list but you can't scroll through the songs, as soon as you turn the rotary it starts scrolling through the sidelist again. Now here is where it gets really weird... I brought it home from the shop and hooked up the 500 to my primary Workstation PC to find out what the original script was supposed to be...okay got it now lets hook the 500 back up to the ASUS and fix the script... it had reset itself back to "browser_scroll", the crazy script I had just saw a several hours earlier was gone and correct function was restored, remember I was resetting it back to factory at least 5 times and that broken script was showing up with a factory reset, I had also tried "browser-scroll" manually "not knowing that it is the correct script, and it did not fix it. The only differences was different internet provider 30 miles between locations and I didn't have an amp hooked up to it like I did at the shop when it was incorrect, here at home I am running the sound through the computer instead of using the onboard sound from the Hercules. So my next question is how is the focus from folders and songs and switching the the sidelists even possible, how is it supposed to work without a lot more script beyond "browser_scroll"? I am just trying figure this out so if it happens again I can quickly correct it.

Posté Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 7:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)