Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Copy Serato crates into VirtualDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have my Serato crates in VirtualDJ, but they're read-only. How can I import them into VirtualDJ? I can drag individual tracks into Virtual Folders, but not crates or crates of crates. I assume I want to make them Virtual Folders rather than Playlists? (Crates are ordered but hierarchical, so somewhere inbetween.)

I expect I'll be kicking myself when someone enlightens me!

Thanks

Posté Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 4:50 pm
You can just drag and drop over to a VirtualDJ "crate" yes.

Click the folder icon at left-side toolbar in the browser, to create a new "crate" (Virtual Folder).
Then ctrl+A at the Serato crate (or cmd+a on mac), and drag the selection over to the VirtualDJ "crate"

Virtual Folder vs Playlist is a tough one, probably Virtual Folders are best, its totally database driven.
While playlist are more traditional and simpler files (ordered text files) with simple file links, although VirtualDJ has some "magic" that makes playlist work even if you do change file location or tag names etc.

You can both make sub VirtualDJ folders, and sub playlists. So both works can be ordered hierarchal

In future there might come a feature to right-click Serato crates, and option to convert to VirtualDJ folder in one click.

Posté Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 6:45 pm
Thanks very much, I want quick search so virtual folders are the way to go, then playlists just for specific, ordered sets.

Posté Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 7:13 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
although VirtualDJ has some "magic" that makes playlist work even if you do change file location or tag names etc.
Can you elaborate how this "magic" works? I'd like to know what Virtual DJ attempts in terms of auto-fixing and if i can take advantage of that in my workflow.

Posté Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 3:19 pm
I assumed Rune meant that if a file wasn't found, the database was searched for the same track elsewhere. Total guess though.

Posté Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 3:56 pm
techtitch wrote :
I assumed Rune meant that if a file wasn't found, the database was searched for the same track elsewhere. Total guess though.

Exactly..

VirtualDJ will attempt to fix broken links, changed drive, updated tags etc on viewing playlists.
Even if the playlist themselves are just text files that are not database driven, containing wrong links and info as they were

Posté Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 6:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)