Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Prelisten and DVS together?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Prelisten considers a track to be playing whenever timecode is engaged, even if the track isn't playing.

Is there a way prelisten can auto-choose the track whose turntable is not moving?

Or do I need to map stop=>timecode_active off, then load=>timecode_active on? If so, is there an event I can map it to when a track reaches its end?

Or is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks

Posté Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 5:30 pm
Do you have pflOnSelect to "yes" in settings?

That should select automatically the deck/turntable you last touched.
Didnt test with TC in a while, but should be working same way

Posté Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 6:50 pm
I do, but the 72 mixes inside the mixer and doesn't have a dedicated monitor channel, so I depend on the prelistenOutput=0 functionality. It is this that refuses to use a silent channel if it is under timecode control. Sorry should have mentioned that.

Posté Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 7:10 pm
Sometimes the prelisten plays if the timecode is playing forwards, and cuts out if it is being dragged backwards, sometimes not. Sometimes even if I turn off timecode the prelisten function playhead moves but no sound comes out anywhere.

Generally though if I turn off timecode prelisten comes through on that deck, and those prior symptoms may have been me turning things off and on randomly trying to diagnose.

I have timecode_active toggle mapped, so I can disable it prior to prelistening, then re-enable it and hit play on load - this works reliably.

Posté Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 8:29 pm
havent used the auto headphones in quite some time, since most modern dj great opt for manually selecting what deck you want to prelisten.
But will test some my end .. .

Sure you dont want to also do it manually instead though?
At least personally, I prefer that, much more in control, lets you easily turn on/off cuing both decks etc..

Rane 72 mixer right? the cue buttons (prelisten buttons) are right next to the volume faders

Posté Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 8:51 pm
techtitch wrote :
I do, but the 72 mixes inside the mixer and doesn't have a dedicated monitor channel, so I depend on the prelistenOutput=0 functionality. It is this that refuses to use a silent channel if it is under timecode control. Sorry should have mentioned that.

Dont know that mixer to that extend, but sure it doesnt have prelisten? Havent heard anyone say that doesnt work, if using it with timecode (but maybe its made weird then)
http://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/rane/72/layout/mixer.html

Posté Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 8:56 pm
Ah this makes sense thanks, what I meant was the PFL is mixed within the mixer frm the two channels, rather than having its own D-A channel. I'll map something to the prelisten buttons that sets the prelisten deck rather than relying on the zero setting - always makes me a bit nervous tbh and occasionally embarasses me, figured you get the hang of it. Timecode behaviour is a bit odd but with the explicit prelisten deck setting I can automatically turn it off and on again. Thanks very very much yet again - that should work a treat - was just getting the workflow right.

Posté Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 9:04 pm
For anyone else looking at this, the below works really nicely. I have a prelisten pad mapped per deck, pressing prelisten once checks the fader is down or crossfader is across, and if so, disengages timecode and starts the prelisten player on that channel. Pressing prelisten again while it is playing skips forward through the tune. Pressing load then re-engages timecode and stops the prelisten player.

param_smaller get_volume 0.01 ? nothing : prelisten ? prelisten_pos +0.2 : action_deck 1 ? setting "prelistenOutput" 1 & timecode_active 1 off & prelisten & pause : setting "prelistenOutput" 2  & timecode_active 2 off & prelisten & pause

This only triggers if the channel fader is down, forces the prelisten channel to the one you press, turns off timecode and starts prelistening. If you press it again while prelistening the button skips forwards in the prelisten player.

This is the load mapping:

prelisten_stop & load & get_hastimecode ? timecode_active on & get_hastimecode ? timecode_active ? play : nothing : nothing : nothing

This stops the prelisten, and if you have a timecode connected it re-engages it.

Posté Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 3:51 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)