Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Mac pro Virtual Dj 2021

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi there anyone know what requirements are for stems on MacBook ? I know Catalina or Mojave but it's said additional for stems isolation amd video card I'm confused now , can somebody help what spec of MacBook I need for version 2021 with stems .Thanks!

Posté Wed 02 Dec 20 @ 7:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
On mac, a Radeon gpu is recommended for fastest stems processing.

If you are in the market for a new mac and 13" is fine you should consider the new MacBook Air or MacBook Pro with M1 processor as well though, as they have been found to also be very fast for stems processing.

Posté Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 5:40 am
Thanks man!

Posté Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 11:34 pm
Hi

I know macbook run the software well but lately my macbook struggles with stems. I have a mid 2014 with Iris intel video card 1536mb. If a i buy a newer model mac should i consider the new mac with 16gm. The only thing holding me back is the video card and the lack of ports on the 13 macbook.
Or should consider PC ?

Posté Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 8:02 am
I have tried on latest mac13 m1 cpu I had crash first time ever and it was on MacBook ,never on windows I think Vdj is rock stable on windows

Posté Fri 11 Dec 20 @ 11:05 am
Bowlingdj I would suggest you that you go for thinkpad P series 53 or if you got money buy better one ,I think the Vdj is rock solid on windows. Thinkpad is the way to go or normal gaming machine who is got good graphics card.

Posté Wed 16 Dec 20 @ 2:15 pm
Thanks i been a mac user too long all my external drives are mac os. i been on fence with windows though you get the most bang for the buck.

Posté Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 5:53 pm
I use nothing but Macs and everything is rock solid! And I push my machines as far as they’ll go.

Running multiple live camera feeds, lighting software, projection mapping with Resolume, video samples, video fxs and more.

I do weddings, play clubs, private parties and I’ve never had a crash live.

Honestly for me I’ll never go back to windows.

I recently bought a new M1 MacBook Pro and VDJ is rock solid so far. Again I’m running VDJ with cameras and SoundSwitch running in the background.

Stick with the Mac 🤙🏾

Posté Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 11:22 pm
Heres a test record I did.

Im running 3 instances of Shaders with 2 instances of slideshow. Recording at 1920x1080

The M1 didn't even flinch!!

Posté Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 8:30 pm
Heres a test record I did.

Im running 3 instances of Shaders with 2 instances of slideshow. Recording at 1920x1080

The M1 didn't even flinch!!

YouTube gqW98POQpiw

Hi,
as I m looking for a new MacBook to buy, would you recommend Pro over Air ? And also are 8GB enough or should i go for 16 ? Thx

F.

Posté Fri 26 Mar 21 @ 5:46 am
I bought a new MacBook MacBook Pro M1 (8go / 256go ssd / 13’’).

VDJ 2021 runs perfectly.
With 2 calculation of stems in the same time, the cpu is loaded at 20-25%

Posté Fri 26 Mar 21 @ 9:27 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)