Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Changing the name of the DECK when using Line In

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi guys, I have deck 1 set up to use the input from Line In and as a result, the title on Deck 1 always shows "Line In 1". We are also broadcasting to an internet radio station from virtual DJ and on there it also shows "Line in 1" which is a bit annoying so I wondered how I can change this?

Ideally I would just like a static name for Deck 1. I done some research and beleive I need to edit the skins XML file, is that right? However, after looking at the XML file, I can't work out exactly what I need to edit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posté Sat 02 Jan 21 @ 4:39 pm
Its not part of skin, but rather the software itself.
But good point, maybe "song title" should not be sent if its a line in.

The broadcasted song info settings you can find in the software options, under broadcastSongInfoFormat
Default is : %artist - %titleremix

Do you want to broadcast title at the non line-in deck? or not broadcast titles at all?

Posté Sat 02 Jan 21 @ 4:45 pm
Ah, easy when you know how. I just checked in there and found that option, thanks. I have changed it from its default to "Setname - DJname". The internet radio station seemed to be picking up just the name of the line in deck which was "Line In 1" so I assume that with the change I have made, it will now show that name on the station when I broadcast?

We're currently only using the other deck for playing jingles at certain points in the broadcast. All of the music comes from Deck 1 because at the moment we have CDJs that are plugged directly into line 1 on the computer and we're sort of only using virtualDJ to enable us to broadcast to the internet radio station.

Ultimately I would like to start making proper use of virtualDJ software but pretty new to it at the moment.

Thanks for your help by the way; really appreciate it.

Posté Sun 03 Jan 21 @ 11:30 am
davids355 wrote :
I have changed it from its default to "Setname - DJname".
so I assume that with the change I have made, it will now show that name on the station when I broadcast?

Should send the value you set then yes ;-)

Posté Sun 03 Jan 21 @ 2:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)