Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Suddenly unable to broadcast due to dropped frames, computing stems error

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all,

I've been using VDJ as a novice bedroom type on Twitch for a good bit now. I've never had any issues up until last night. I chalked it up to weather (my internet gets spotty once every sixth rainstorm for some reason) but it's continuing into today.

Basically, I do video underpinning live DJing on Twitch. Pretty standard video broadcast options. I've used shaders set to random, though I've also done video clips I've edited. Zero issues.

So last night I start DJing. The video clip starts up first. Fine. I drag my first song to Deck 1 and I see the following under the deck controls: BROADCASTING CANNOT KEEP UP / Computing Stems Deck 1. When I check my broadcast, it gives a dropped frames warning and says to lower video quality.

I've done that. I've tried every video quality. I've done the built in shaders. I've done still images. I've checked my internet speeds (90 MB/s up and down, 4ms ping to my local test servers). I've run malware scans, it's fine. Nothing works. As soon as the combo music/calculating stems/video cranks up, it cuts off and can't keep up. It's not using too many resources in the Task Manager, so that doesn't seem to be it. My drivers are updated and, in any event, I had no issues just two weeks ago during my last broadcast.

I'm wondering if this latest update is messing with something in my particular configuration or if the latest nvidia drivers are. I'm at the end of my rope here and am coming to the forums to see if anyone has any ideas or if there's a known issue that it might relate to.

Thanks everyone!

Posté Sat 09 Jan 21 @ 9:35 pm
Just as an update and playing with it more, it's definitely an error with computing stems. It basically hangs while computing at a given song, computes like a third, then kills the broadcast. What's curious is that from there it won't compute ANY stems. AND exiting doesn't kill the program; it keeps going in the background and I have to kill it from the task manager.

Posté Sat 09 Jan 21 @ 9:44 pm
Searching some more here and it looks like it's similar to this: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/239114/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Stems_not_working_crash_when_changing_math_engine_settings.html?search=stems&page=1

This person has a beefier machine than mine, so I think that's probably why he can still broadcast. The issue seems exactly the same, though: the stem calculations are hanging.

Good news though! I got it to work by following the suggestion here: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/238108/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/vdj2020_to_2021_upgrade_lagging.html?search=stems&page=1

which was to only load precalculated stems. Since most aren't precalculated, I'm not hanging on the stem calculation since it never tries to do that. But it's still weird and certainly worth noting that VDJ is currently still running in the background when this happens because the stem calculations still keep going and can't resolve(?). I had no problem closing this time by killing the stem calculations as above.

I'm wondering on the timing of that first link, which was posted 3 days ago. Definitely seems like it might be something to do with this latest patch.

Posté Sat 09 Jan 21 @ 9:54 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)