Forum: Addons

Sujet sticky - Page: 2
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm not into the 8th button idea,
goto_last_folder
is already a thing

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 4:16 pm
Thank you Locodog for the quick reply..

seems that goto_last_folder preforms the same action as the Back(return button) on the browsers left most side.. (below the "New Filter" button and above the Dot, menu) It takes one back to the previous folder.. NOT the Folder one was working in .. since using Sticky, ..... one is taken to filters "sticky" , and "sticky2Pass" and "stickyRevXR".

goto_last_folder will return one to one of the used sticky filters ... NOT the Virtual Folder one was working in.

--------------------
Is there as way to script .. set a variable to current folder location .. then later use that variable to go to that folder location.

Ie: have the "save the location to the variable", in buttons 3 4 and 5

and create an additional button 8, to return

------

is there an easy way to accomplish this.. as I can add the script to the custom button that calls sticky where needed. And create another custom button to return to the original Virtual Folder.

-------

Or is there a way to NOT have the sticky filter folders open.. so the focus of browser tree is still in the same location.. ( looking to have only few clicks to get back to original folder.. else would probably never be used)

--------

Or should this be .. a Wish List item.. .to allow goto_last_folder to go back more then the most recent Folder... ie to be able to navigate back possibly through the last 5 folder locations, if needed.

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 4:35 pm
I've wrote in a tweak but it will be a some days before it goes live,
since you're giving feedback check your pm

Posté Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 4:58 pm
I have a dream, that one day the developers will decide to add some fields to the songs database, so that, each track can contain links to other tracks it's related to, and an editor where you could add and remove linked tracks for each track. Also will be a navigation mode in which, a cross will appear on the left of every track contains linked tracks, and clicking the cross, the linked tracks will appear below, as the folders and sub folders do. The result will be a multidimensional navigation through tracks, instead of one dimension navigation that we have now with lists, filter folders, a.t.c.

Until then, the Sticky is the only (and a very good one ) way to create links between track.
i found Sticky by luck few months ago, and last week i finally manage to find some time and play with it.
I'm excited to finally be able to create links between tracks.
But also agree that its not very practical that the browser jumps to the sticky filter folder every time. I believe that will be much more handy if the Sticky have his own tub at the side view were the results will be shown.

i tried some workaround, putting multiple actions in a custom button, (sticky button 3, clear the sidelist, load the sticky filter folder to sidelist, back to last folder, focus on songs) but its not working very well.

That's my thoughts so far, thanks again, and i will come back with more feedback later.

PS: My English sucks, i know ... i hope you can understand what i am saying ....

Posté Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 12:54 pm

Posté Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 1:47 pm
The Party Engineer wrote :
I have a dream, that one day the developers will decide to add some fields to the songs database, so that, each track can contain links to other tracks it's related to, and an editor where you could add and remove linked tracks for each track. Also will be a navigation mode in which, a cross will appear on the left of every track contains linked tracks, and clicking the cross, the linked tracks will appear below, as the folders and sub folders do. The result will be a multidimensional navigation through tracks, instead of one dimension navigation that we have now with lists, filter folders, a.t.c.

Until then, the Sticky is the only (and a very good one ) way to create links between track.
i found Sticky by luck few months ago, and last week i finally manage to find some time and play with it.
I'm excited to finally be able to create links between tracks.
But also agree that its not very practical that the browser jumps to the sticky filter folder every time. I believe that will be much more handy if the Sticky have his own tub at the side view were the results will be shown.

i tried some workaround, putting multiple actions in a custom button, (sticky button 3, clear the sidelist, load the sticky filter folder to sidelist, back to last folder, focus on songs) but its not working very well.

That's my thoughts so far, thanks again, and i will come back with more feedback later.

PS: My English sucks, i know ... i hope you can understand what i am saying ....

+1

Posté Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 1:48 pm

Posté Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 10:12 pm
The following script, placed on a custom button or a controller button, put's the results of the sticky at the sidelist end return the focus to the folder or list you were before.

effect_button "sticky" # & sidelist_load & goto_last_folder (# is the number of sticky button)

unfortunately the focus stays outside of the folder or list, and not at the songs window, because everytime that i add to the script a verb with argument, like browser_window 'songs' or browser_window +1 that will send the focus to the songs, the sticky don't refreshing the parameters of the filter and always send back the results from the last correct call ... it seems that the Sticky confused by the data send from the vdj if more than one arguments contained in the action script ....

Posté Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 10:49 pm
I missed the above, I'll have to read it all, but I've been working on that edge case anyway. I think I've got it. Getting lists refreshed in the browser can be a little clumsy.

@STICKY USERS (lol) I'm poking around at this at present. I've thought up of one more thing to grab.
It now has a mode that will additionally reverse lookup for single tracks

so imagine; b follows a, c follows b
if you're looking at b in the browser or deck, then it will obviously suggest c [as it always does] but now it will also suggest 'a'

it's just a mode so it's a choice, you can still have "dead certain my own links only", but now also a bit of "what about these" recommendations on top, if wanted.

Posté Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 11:09 pm
updated original post.
new build in the devs review list
mac version should be soon

Posté Sun 08 Jan 23 @ 9:55 pm
original post script fix, mac m1 version built :), mac intel version hopeful,

Posté Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 2:24 pm
Fcprod1PRO InfinityMember since 2020
Any word on the MAC version?

Posté Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 2:14 am
I've got a M1 version but I'm not paying to be registered apple developer. So it needs some of the apple handholding security features bypassing and Atomix won't accept that for a release.

Posté Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 2:38 am
locodog wrote :
I've got a M1 version but I'm not paying to be registered apple developer. So it needs some of the apple handholding security features bypassing and Atomix won't accept that for a release.

Does this mean the Mac version is dead in the water? I REALLY want that feature in my kit, and prefer using VDJ.

Posté Sat 13 May 23 @ 3:16 am
I've got a M1 version here, but you'll have to bypass the hand holding yourself.
You want a copy?

Posté Sat 13 May 23 @ 4:46 am
locodog wrote :
I've got a M1 version here, but you'll have to bypass the hand holding yourself.
You want a copy?

SURE!!!!

Posté Sat 13 May 23 @ 12:15 pm
szemekPRO InfinityMember since 2019
locodog wrote :
You want a copy?

@locodog I'd like to get a copy as well. Ideally it would be Intel version, but M1 is fine too.

Posté Sat 20 May 23 @ 9:15 pm
sent a pm

Posté Sat 20 May 23 @ 11:19 pm
@locodog Hello! Could I get a copy of the M1 Mac version of sticky as well please?

If you have time to describe the specific steps to bypass os security you mentioned, I'd appreciate it, but if not I can try to muddle through myself. Cheers!

Posté Sun 18 Jun 23 @ 12:31 am
pm sent

Posté Sun 18 Jun 23 @ 12:37 am
75%