Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet virtualdj 1.07 database

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
If you upgrade from virtualdj 1.06 (or lower) to the 1.07, the first time you run the software it will prompt you to convert the internal database.
This is because the database format has changed, and the FAME infos are not the same (because the algorithm changed).

All your songs will be marked with a yellow question mark, as if they have never been scanned.
In fact, the song still has the BPM and the CUE points set from your old database.
But all the other infos (automix points and phase) had to be erased, and will be analysed again the first time you load the song.

In case you have any problem, the old database in v1.06 format has been backed up in the VirtualDJ directory.

Posté Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 2:51 am
kabensaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I can understand the technical change but VDJ do not perform a good BPM calculation for R&B music and due to that I had to edit manually many BPM and Phases of songs (means hours of work).
After some test, I can state that the new version still do not perform a good BPM calculation for R&B music.

Personally I don’t want to spend again hours of manually BPM calculation.

I hope that you plan something for the issue.

Posté Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 2:08 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Kabensa, Virtual DJ 1.07 use the BPM infos you have entered in Virtual DJ 1.06

Posté Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 2:36 pm
When you launch virtualdj 1.07 with an old database, it will indeed perform the conversion automatically.

It will keep from the old database all the comments and cues infos.
However, the bpm infos are just kept for sorting purpose until you load the song again in v1.07. And all the phase and mixpoints infos are erased.

This is because in the old database format, we had no way of knowing if the bpm was entered by hand or computed with the old algorithm.
This won't happen in the future updates since this info has now been added in the new database.

Posté Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 5:23 pm
there is a small posibility to crash while converting.I had that problem i wrote it also in the bug section for more infos.

Posté Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 8:07 pm
v1.07b
------
- record bug corrected
- edit comment bug corrected
- bpm, phase and automix points infos are kept during old database conversion
(convert again from your 1.06 database)

Posté Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 12:29 am
kabensaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Dev staff, impressive the time reaction.
I hope that we didn't stress you too much.
By the way, GOOD JOB with the version 1.07b.

Posté Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 11:44 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)