Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Hacked copy of vdi
I just got an iCloud error, and as I was double checking things to fix certion issues, I noticed that my vdi folder was in my iCloud, and that I had also used the iCloud on my test drive, and I use a hacked copy of vdi to double check things so I can make sure that certain things I have altered are not affecting anything. Does the hacked copy and legacy versions of vdi if sharing an uptodate version and legit version of vdi have any affect on the other app, and what is the best way to fix. Also custom mappings strings and cues are what I care about the most how can I isolate these and use them on multiple setups

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 7:36 pm
The icloud error was most likely that the virtual dj database needed updating and there no was need to use a hacked version of the software shared or not as you could of done all the testing with the lagit version. Yes it can effect the legit version so the best thing you can do is to get ridd of the hacked version and all associated files with it.You may have to start all over again but you can try and move the settings.xml file first but i do not know if that will work then you may have to re-install the legit version and replace the settings.xml file.

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 8:50 pm
I could help you with Windows but not Mac.

Why use a cracked version when you can just sign in and out of the legitimate one?

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 8:53 pm
The cracked one is of an earlier version but I thought it would allow me to have a peak at the launchpad extras, but either way I left it on my sandbox drive, and when ever I do some script changes and I'm rushing about or even when I do copy what was there, and our back after, sometimes I wanna check to make sure that I have put back right, or sometimes there seems to be a new script command and I wanna check to see if it was something I was overlooking etc. The hacked one doesn't offer anything more than the legit one, and as its an earlier one it has less, but it's more for just checking things I'm doing for comparison.
And that's my issue, I'm sure I have ticked a box in an external midi app that controls signals, as my midi keyboard isn't working. And there are a number of niggles that now I think is because my documents folder is being synced via I cloud, and various versions of vdi may have muddled up settings.
I'm trying to get myself in a position for the monthly subscription, as it seems amazing what's on offer. I think they will cancel it after I subscribe

Posté Tue 24 Aug 21 @ 6:03 pm