Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Keyboard shortcuts not working
I've literally just downloaded the latest update of VDJ and keyboard shortcuts do not work. Spacebar to start stop tracks, tab to switch decks, none of it works???
Tab now only crosses from folders to track names to sidebar. It no longer controls the decks?

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 1:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you did a clean install and didn't preserve your settings, but still want the old keyboard shortcuts back, you can select the "factory default (legacy)" keyboard mapper from Options->Mapping

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 1:40 pm
No it was just a standard update. When you open the software "Your VDJ has been updated. Do you want to use the new version?"
It's so frustrating trying to prepare tracks.

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 1:43 pm
It's also set to factory default so I don't understand why it's become inactive?

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 1:45 pm
Going back to the previous build. There's no way I can work like this!

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 1:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you want the old mapper it should be on 'factory default (legacy)'
'factory default' is the new one.

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 1:49 pm
Ok. Thanks! I was getting so mad lol!
Why has the latest update removed the keyboard shortcuts/changed the mapping out of interest?

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 1:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Major update was to prevent unwanted behavior when using keyboard keys to perform actions without Search having focus. With the new default mapping all alpha-numeric keys automatically set focus and fill the Search bar, while ALT+ and CTRL+ key combinations are basically used for Deck and Browser actions.
You can read further details for the available keyboard mappings (incl the new Default one) here.. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/keyboard/index.html

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 2:20 pm
Thanks!

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 2:27 pm