Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Kontrol Z2 Audio/MIDI Setup - MacOS 10.14 Mojave.
Hi All,

I did try doing a search before posting this question as well as reading the hardware manuals for the Kontrol Z2 and I haven't been able to find the answer to my question:

My understanding is that "out of the box" with a Kontrol Z2 VirtualDJ prefers to treat my mixer as a Midi control surface as well as a 4 output / 8 input soundcard. To my best knowledge, VirtualDJ is then using the midi control messages from my up faders and crossfader to determine what deck is sent to the output (based on the position of the up faders / crossfader). The one drawback I've noticed in my environment is that fast crossfader movements like those used in a "crab scratch" seem to get "lost" almost like the midi control message refresh rate is not fast enough to keep up.

I'm coming to VirtualDJ from a certain other DJ Software from a company that starts with "S" and ends with "o" (sorry I don't know if there are rules in these forums with mentioning other software). Is it possible to have VirtualDJ send the output of my decks to channels 1 and 2 and simply allow the mixer itself to handle the "fading" and "crossfading" vs. doing so in software? Or do I need to tweak something to get the midi refresh rate higher? I do get the benefits of doing everything in software as it allows for some other really cool features like putting effects or VSTs on the master output to really "tailor" your sound. The other thing I've noticed as a result of the fully software controlled audio is faster up fader movements can result in "zipper noise" or basically steps in the "fade curve" being skipped (again probably due to the frequency of the midi refresh rate).

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I forgot to mention:
Running macOS 10.14 (Mojave) on a late 2013 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM + i7 CPU
Running the audio down to 128 samples @48khz for a latency of 2.67ms (so far without audio glitches or USB underruns)

Posté Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 8:39 pm