Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet DDJ SB3 controller and pad
doug9474ControlleristMember since 2019
If I press shift-hot cue on my DDJ SB3 controller, it goes to BEAT JUMP mode. Then I change a button assignment (for example, edit some script assigned to a button), on the controller, the HOT CUE button is still blinking as if shift-HOT CUE is still on and it's still in BEAT JUMP mode. However in VDJ, it turns shift off, going back to HOT CUE mode.

Can this be changed so that either
1. Shift is turned off on the controller so HOT CUE stops blinking
2. It stays in the same mode, not automatically changing to HOT CUE mode.

Otherwise, the software and the controller are out of sync. I didn't know what was happening for a while, I was trying to do a beat jump, and it was creating hot cues.

Posté Wed 13 Oct 21 @ 1:59 pm
not sure whether I should have put this in the "wishes and new features" forum or if this is the right place

Posté Wed 13 Oct 21 @ 3:54 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
wouldn't simply pressing shift sort your problem?

Posté Wed 13 Oct 21 @ 4:02 pm
Of course. However, that doesn't account for the time wasted trying to figure out why the pads weren't working and fixing the problems caused. So, I would rather prevent the problem from happening. Also, I'm thinking about other people and preventing the issues they may encounter instead of just thinking about myself. And I like to get to the root of problems instead of finding workarounds when possible.

Posté Wed 13 Oct 21 @ 11:03 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you're looking for a difficult solution for a downtime problem.
You're not scripting buttons in a performance setting, just make a habit of tapping shift.

Posté Thu 14 Oct 21 @ 12:34 am