Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet For Live video skin - changing crossfader link
kyds3kPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi! I'm trying to change the on-screen crossfader (the blue/red one with the song artist and title) so that instead of being synced with the volume slider, it's synced with the video crossfader. I have keys mapped on my DDJ-1000SRT to automatically fade to the left or right video, and I'd like the song artist and title to fade in/out along with that. I'm comfortable editing the XML file, what do I need to do to make this happen?

Posté Mon 25 Oct 21 @ 9:10 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
it's around the 350 to 411 region you want to be looking at

Posté Mon 25 Oct 21 @ 9:56 am
OK, it's looking like you mean these lines?

<split name="crossfader" type="horizontal">
<pos x="+311+6" y="+0" />
<size width="1920-95-95-311-311-12" height="100" />
<left>
<textzone group="horizontal" align="center" deck="left" attachX="both">
<pos x="20" y="9+15" />
<size width="1920-95-95-311-311+1-40" height="50" />
<text fontsize="30" color="decktext" weight="bold" action="get_artist_before_feat & param_uppercase" />
<text fontsize="30" color="darktext" weight="regular" action="get_featuring_after_artist & param_uppercase" />
<text fontsize="30" color="darkertext" weight="regular" action="get_artist_title_separator" />
<text fontsize="30" color="brighttext" weight="bold" action="get_title_before_remix 'clean' & param_uppercase" />
<text fontsize="30" color="darkertext" weight="regular" action="get_remix_after_title & param_uppercase" />
</textzone>
</left>
<right>
<textzone group="horizontal" align="center" deck="right" attachX="both">
<pos x="20" y="9+15" />
<size width="1920-95-95-311-311+1-40" height="50" />
<text fontsize="30" color="decktext" weight="bold" action="get_artist_before_feat & param_uppercase" />
<text fontsize="30" color="darktext" weight="regular" action="get_featuring_after_artist & param_uppercase" />
<text fontsize="30" color="darkertext" weight="regular" action="get_artist_title_separator" />
<text fontsize="30" color="brighttext" weight="bold" action="get_title_before_remix 'clean' & param_uppercase" />
<text fontsize="30" color="darkertext" weight="regular" action="get_remix_after_title & param_uppercase" />
</textzone>
</right>
</split>
<slider action="get_crossfader_result &amp; param_invert" orientation="horizontal" visibility="get_crossfader_result &amp; param_pingpong &amp; param_multiply 10">
<pos x="+311+6" y="+0" />
<size width="1920-95-95-311-311-12" height="100" />
<fader>
<pos x="5" y="0" />
<size width="2" height="100" />
</fader>
</slider>

Posté Mon 25 Oct 21 @ 10:25 am
It looks like "get_crossfader_result" is the parameter that is controlling it - and links it to the volume difference between decks 1 and 2. And I don't see anything that will let me do the same but using the video crossfader :-( any suggestions?

Posté Mon 25 Oct 21 @ 10:31 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
There is nothing to get video volume
(and get_crossfader_result have some issues with more 2 decks)

you may try things like that:
param_multiply get_crossfader_result video_crossfader &amp; param_invert

or if it's an extra crossfader just use "video_crossfader" just for the new slider

crossfader:
to change "get_crossfader_result" to new script in both action and visibility

for the text fading:
add visibility of textzones
left :
visibility="param_multiply get_crossfader_result video_crossfader &amp; param_invert"
right :
visibility="param_multiply get_crossfader_result video_crossfader"

if you wanna make the title fix while fading , replace the <split> with a <pannel>
<panel x="+95+40+95-12+1" y="+9+15">
..you have to remove the <pos> and <left> and <right> elements in split, just keep textzones

and remove the slider
or find a way to fix the existing bug with the fader size ^^ - i fixed it to 842 here

you can try to play with
<slider action="param_multiply get_crossfader_result video_crossfader &amp; param_invert" orientation="horizontal" visibility="param_multiply get_crossfader_result video_crossfader &amp; param_pingpong &amp; param_multiply 10">
<size width="842" height="100"/>

of course these are ways to explore, not a final solution ^^

Posté Mon 25 Oct 21 @ 12:26 pm